Poodle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was Grooming Day. Today I took Jeffrey to daycare and the staff exclaimed JEFFREY YOU'RE NAKED!!! I fully expect to have a similar reaction when Ethel goes to training on Sunday. Anyone else find themselves having to explain why you have a totally different looking dog after a groom? :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,404 Posts
You can't just say that and not provide photos
just saying
kinda cruel

·
Registered
948 Posts
Winnie was groomed a couple of weeks ago and came out the same way. I didn't realise I had agreed to her being cut so short but clearly I must have. Winnie was feeling very twitchy and itchy afterwards for a few days so I think I maybe went a bit too short. It's grown out a bit and she's more comfortable now. My daughter said she looked like a Twiglet when she was shaved down. For those that don't know what a Twiglet is , here is a picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,404 Posts
Thank you @EJStevenP , I love a poodle down clipped.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! I admire and appreciate the fancy poodles out there (and their owners that can keep up with them) however I am of the Shave 'Em Down school of grooming. It makes all of our lives easier especially since they are constantly running and playing. Plus I just love the velvet softness of a freshly shaved poodle!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2 days ago I had my 10 month old Clementine groomed into the German cut. She is my first standard poodle and I kind of view her coat as a blank page where we can try different things. I was a little shocked when I saw her. For one thing she looked like a smaller dog after the cut. I work in a children's residential home and Clementine frequently comes to work with me. One of the girls said, like you, she looks naked. One of the little boys came up to me and asked if I had a different dog. All the kids prefer the much curlier Clementine look. There is no question this look will be easier to groom.
Brown Couch Furniture Property Table
Dog Toy Dog breed Carnivore Wood
Toy Wood Carnivore Dog breed Liver
Brown Couch Furniture Property Table
Dog Toy Dog breed Carnivore Wood
Toy Wood Carnivore Dog breed Liver

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
4,418 Posts
Your Clementine looks wonderful with both cuts! I think the German clip can take a minute to get used to, but I admire it on many dogs, including Clementine.

·
Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
899 Posts
Simon is nakey. I know I call this clip (a variation of a Summer Miami/Bikini) the Scruff Puppy, but he was getting a bit too scruffy, so I took about half of his foot floofs off and tidied up his tail floof a bit. His topknot is finally long enough for me to put devil..... err... umm.... puppy, yeah, that's right, puppy.... horns in.

Dog Water dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts