Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Healthy Dog Expo going on in Albany NY featuring Dr. Jean Dodds, Suzanne Clothier, and multiple other speakers. If you are interested, here is the link. I am going Saturday.

Healthy Pet Expo

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Oh that sounds marvelous. I wish I could go but Lily and I will be trialing for her rally master title and hoping for a first triple Q. Oops I see not this Saturday but the first Saturday in April. But I still can't go since Javelin and I will be at the advanced Brenda Aloff workhop in New Jersey.

Please report out on what you learn. I will tell you all about Brenda too!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with Lily and Javelin. I will post on Dodds too.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I would really like to go! I find the Expo site very confusing. Which actual times and dates is it? Traveling to New York for only one day seems very odd. And some people are mentioning different days, some the 6th, some the 7th.

I could not get their 'contact' to work.

Perhaps I am looking on the wrong links?

Also my Spoo is my Service Dog. Is there any problem with taking him?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Contiki!
I was a little confused at first too, they could have set it up better. Here is what I garnered from it.

The conference is on Saturday the 6th and includes all the speakers. That is at the Desmond and is $89. I’m sorry it didn’t work for you, here is the link, hopefully that works.

Then on Sunday the 7th, Suzanne Clothier is putting on training workshop at a local dog training facility. That is an additional $150. I know that facility and is fairly small so I imagine the small group will allow lots of time to address individual training questions. This facility is close to the Desmond, but I don’t know if they are providing transportation. That would be a good question to ask. There is Uber and Lyft in this area though.

Both of these are very close to Albany airport, and right off the interstate.

The contact link worked when I clicked it- the email and phone number that comes up is

[email protected]
559-372-6437

I imagine a service dog could go to both events, but
that is a good questionto ask.

Im only going Saturday, but hope to see you there!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Thanks! I am not really interested in the training seminar, but would really like to hear Dunbar, and a couple of the other ones. That is a lot to cram in one day. Because of really complicated and expensive winter flights I probably won't go since it is just one day. But I will contact a friend that lives in NY city and see if she is up for company, which might make me more tempted to go!

Hmm, wonder if it is just possible to buy a video or something afterwards?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might be available afterwards, worth looking into.
It’s just a short drive for me so I am fortunate. I will post a synopsis afterward.

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Hmm, I don't see Ian on the speakers list. It is my understanding that he has retired from being out on the road. I consider myself to be very fortunate to have done a number of different workshops given by him. He does have a great series of videos though.

Reactions: Carolinek

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Dunbar is not on the list. My eyes skipped over that quickly and probably thought you meant Dodds kontiki!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Oh good grief. I goofed, I did not mean Dunbar, I meant Dodds! She fascinates me!

(They do both start with a D ! This 72 year old brain is getting frustrating. )

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Kontiki-
I totally get it. I like to think it’s because we know so much though from all the years, and the brain chooses what to prioritize- lol!
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it ?

Reactions: kontiki
1 - 11 of 11 Posts