Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of this, good/bad?? My breeder uses it and in our contract is states that we must too. From what I see it looks like a limited vaccine course. We are interested in this as we also limit vaccines in our children, but was wondering what others thought, is this too much, too little?? Vaccines in dogs is a whole new thing for me I haven't started my reading on!

http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/DODDS-CHG-VACC-PROTOCOLS.HTM

·
Registered
170 Posts
Jean has admitted that her schedule is even probably over agressive based on the research that says immunity can last from 7 years to a lifetime. But she didn't feel right about publishing 7 years as her schedule and compromised. There's always dogs that are exceptions.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wow, thanks! I think we'll go in and get his 14 week Distemper + Parvovirus MLV, but skip the 16-18 week repeat of it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have followed her vaccine schedule for years. Not only are
dogs over-vaccinated but kids really are! This happens to be
my "soap box"....Do your research, it is worth it!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes we have a son and are very aware of the over vaccination with children (we are sooo lucky to have an amazing pediatrician that gave us plenty of research to come to this conclusion) But until recently, I hadn't really given much thought about all the loads of pet vaccines people are pumping them full of!! I feel so bad now the more I am learning about my previous kitties and all we put in their little bodies that they probably didn't need :(

Of course, this is my personal opinion, I think all should do their own research to find what feels right for them and their family.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts