Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I yesterday I was reading the post about taking the dog to the lake and I thought to myself, "what a good idea!" We have a little public park here in town with two small lakes and ducks, and geese, and a pair of swans. It also has a little mini sports field for pee-wee football and soccer and a gym, and tenis and basketball courts, you get the idea. Lots of people take their dog's out there and walk them around the lakes and we've done a lot of training out there with the tibbies. Nothing like a bunch of ducks for distraction training lol. Hubby griped the whole time but Jazz had a blast, she was soooo over stimulated, she couldn't decide what to look at or what to sniff LoL. It was funny. We also did some training and I'm so proud to say that Jazz was able to ignore a group of kids, two dogs, and multiple birds to sit, down, stay, come and heal. Good girl!

Of course we took pictures!!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
great pictures! I love the ones looking at the ducks! I wish we had something like this - our park doesn't allow dogs, Its right on the Hudson River and would be fun. oh well!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I can just see Jazz not knowing what to do with herself. lol Very good on the training. What a great place for training.
Love the pictures. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great pictures!

She looks like she had fun! I bet those ducks were nervous though! :tongue:

You know what I don't think they were, the swans certainly weren't!! I think the ducks know to stay away from dogs because I'm sure people take dogs out there that would certainly have a go at a duck (Jazz included) but they don't act afraid AT ALL.
The swans swam right up to Jazz like, Heeeyyyy Heeeeyyyyy, YOU aren't thinking of jumping in OUR pond are you.....
LoL it was sooo funny. When jazz walked away and came back towards me the swans started swimming off, but let her start back towards the water's edge and they came right back on the double.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts