Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jazz went with the local kennel club to a large retirement resort type place in our area. We put on a little "dog show" there every year and bring out the dogs and tell a little bit about each breed that memeber bring and usualy do a couple of training demos, and tricks and a hunt test thingy. While we do have a member that breeds toy poo's the event has never been granced by a standard poodle, (much less a candy striped one!), until now. Everyone loved Jazz of course and she played her part to a T, naturaly. She is such a ham! More than just the residents were there, most of them has families there and we've discovered Jazz has a great love of kids, who knew? Because so many people show up for this event we also use it as a public education oppertunity and Jazz got to show a whole group of kids how to approch a strange dog and got to tell a bunch of parents about some of our states reccent anti dog legislation attemps. It was a good afternoon all in all.
Hubby, who was in the dog house so to speak took some photos in a attempt to redeem himself. Dunno if I will forgive this weeks mistakes buuuuttt the photos came out ok.

Our turn "on stage" to show everyone a Spoo and tell about the breed and of course answer a few questions about the color :shot: (stupid red, won't come out!!)

Meet and greet after the presentations

More meet and greet.

Jazz really has the making of a great therapy dog, she sat with that pair of older ladies forever, she didn't want to move. That poor lady had a silver poodle before moving into the facility and she just looooved Jazzers. She had to give it up because residents aren't alowed to have pets. It's always a little sad to hear them talk about the dogs they used to have, but we hear it every year. In most cases the story ends with, ..."and my son or daughter took the dog when I moved here".

·
Registered
843 Posts
Nice pictures.
Jazz looks like she has tons of patience.
I love seeing pictures of her....there is something about her face,her expression,that reminds me of my sweet Gaby.

·
Registered
912 Posts
She looks like she loves all the attention, and she does have a super kind face :smile:. I am kinda hoping as T matures he will be gentle enough to visit our old folks homes here.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Good pics of Jazz doing her thang! I thought the cane stripes where out though from another pic you posted a few weeks ago? I agree pink would look great on Jazz. I loved Jenny's recent chalk color! Im sure Jazz will pull it off just as well.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good pics of Jazz doing her thang! I thought the cane stripes where out though from another pic you posted a few weeks ago? I agree pink would look great on Jazz. I loved Jenny's recent chalk color! Im sure Jazz will pull it off just as well.
Yeah, pink I know, I would love that. I don't know if I will dye her body again though, it's taking so long for things to come out and it looks like the only way to get rid of the red, which is a peachy orange color now is going to be to scissor it out. Bummer :( She was going to be purple and gold for westminster but I think it will clash with the peach lol so I guess I can't do it. we shall see....
My friend came up for a reccently and brought a whole bunch of manic panic colors that I can't get here soooooo, yay we have an awsome pink, blue, purple, another lighter red, and green :) Whooo.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yeah, pink I know, I would love that. I don't know if I will dye her body again though, it's taking so long for things to come out and it looks like the only way to get rid of the red, which is a peachy orange color now is going to be to scissor it out. Bummer :( She was going to be purple and gold for westminster but I think it will clash with the peach lol so I guess I can't do it. we shall see....
My friend came up for a reccently and brought a whole bunch of manic panic colors that I can't get here soooooo, yay we have an awsome pink, blue, purple, another lighter red, and green :) Whooo.
Maybe the sidewalk chalk is the way to go. You can always just make a scrunchie in the Westinister colors. Its super easy and inexpensive. You've been waiting for so long now for Jazz's coat to get length. That would be a bummer to cut it down again.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, I am not prepared to clip her short. On the bright side, the change in diet and the improve coat care she is getting now seems to have jumpstarted her coat growth. It won't be too long before the stripes can be scissored out. Already I can part the hair where it is colored and see almost half an inch of white growth underneath.

I'm not in a hurry to try the sidewalk chalk all over, It actualy didn't come out of her ears very well and when I did he dye job I ended up dying over it. I'm hating the way her ears look.... I just got a snood for her so they can grow pretty withouth her chewing the ends which is what makes them look so awful now. I might shave them short though and let them start over and grow from there..

·
Registered
554 Posts
Awww Jazz looks so happy leaning on that lady! Isn't it funny how dogs just seem to know? Poodles always seem to immediately know who a poodle lover is and they seem to gravitate to them.

How great she loves kids, too...what a nice added bonus to learn...while she is helping others learn about poodles, you are learning more about Jazz!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I just got a couple of snoods for T too and he actually doesn't seem to mind them. I have been putting them on just for when he eats. When I clear off my camera so I have some more space I will take some photos of him with it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts