Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as the stupid weather clears we can use the temporary stuff to stencile a small green christmas tree on her hip. She is going on the 20th to a nursing hom and visit some veterans, and anyone else who'd like a cuddle. A couple of the nuses have seen her already and are excited for her to visit. We'll also do her up with some nice bows and a bandana.

Dang I wish she had longer hair so I actualy groom her!! It's killing me waiting for her coat to grow back out. Shame on her previous owner for shaving her bald!! Arrggg!! Maybe if she had more hair I wouldn't be as tempted to color it. At least this stuff won't smudge when she plays with Monster at the dog park. Getting close to my 'over the top" limit though I think. The ears and tail were done on Monday, the legs were done the previous Tuesday. I was shocked that my oh so anti creative grooming husband actualy liked it. He said to me, " I was wondering when you were going to do that, it looked really stupid with just the striped legs!"

The candy cane transformation is almost complete!! Thanx MM for photoshoping the mistake out :) Hopefuly I can get the smudge out for real by christmas.

·
Registered
912 Posts
She looks very Xmassy :smile: I bet her visitors will love her and she will bring lots of smiles to their faces. I would really like to do nursing home and hospital visits with our little one once he grows up a bit. Will talk to the health services mid next year I think, once he's a year old I think he will have settled enough to take him.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have two dog certified to do therapy work bbbuuuutttt shortly after testing them I realized that I had a real dislike (please nobody be offended) of other people's children, sick people, and "old" people. Nice. So neither of my dogs have ever done any real visits except a yearly group visit to a retirement home that our kennel club visits. Now that I am grown up, I was just 17 when I tested my other two, I think I am better able to handle things like the extreme elderly and people who are ill. Jury is still out on children. I got halfway through a degree in education and quite because it occured to me that I realy passionatly hated kids. There ya go. I have to wait a few months before I can officaly test Jazz, she has to live with us for 6 months before she can test with Delta.

I do feel that with the stepped up dye job I should mention that I don't mind other's differing opinions. If you don't like it, it's ok to say so. You won't hurt my feelings.... At least not tonight, who knows what tomarrow holds lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts