Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby decided to go out the other night and get food at Taco Bell, (or as we call it Toxic Hell) Anyway he kicked back on the couch with his burrito surpreme and look who joined him wanting a bite.

Hey you gonna eat all of that?

Hey! how come you aren't sharing?!
Hubby's trying not to laugh with a mouth full of food.

She's not shy about telling daddy she wants some. This isn't normal in our household by the way, we don't allow her to get away with it very often and she doesn't ever get anything for her oscar worthy performances of poor starving poodle :) It doesn't stop her frm trying though.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The second one is really funny! We are the same way...we don't let them get away with it, but if a good picture will come of it I'll let it go for a few minutes for that! lol

Our guys go INSANE over the french fires out of that RED BOX! As son as hubby walks in the door with a bag from the golden arches all the dogs are all over and under his feet! They all know that they get one (or 2) each when we are done, but boy do they beg for them anyway!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too cute.
How can you say no to her.

By remembering that she is just one and a half pounds shy of not being able to use the years supply of heartworm prevention I spend quite a bit on and remembering that she has already gained two pounds in the last month.... She is getting a tad tubby sitting around the shop all day. We've cut her food waaaayyyyy back as we've moved up in quality. She was thin on four cups a day of pedigree but packed on the weight in just a month of 2 12 to 3cups a day of purnia one so we had to take her back to just 2 cups a day.... Good lord I can't imagine how huge she might get as we switch her up again to Blue. Soooo we are now eating just two cups a day and she's starving all the time my options were to cut her back further to take off and then maintain her weight or give her more activity to burn off the extra kibble so she can eat more and not be tempted to counter surf. We have started walking a half mile twice a day to see if that gets the extra flab off and stablizes her weight for me. A client said she was getting fat the other day - she was very offended lol.

·
Registered
843 Posts
How old is Jazz?
The females have a tendency to pack the extra weight on much easier than males...poodles and humans,unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hubby decided to go out the other night and get food at Taco Bell, (or as we call it Toxic Hell) Anyway he kicked back on the couch with his burrito surpreme and look who joined him wanting a bite.

Hey you gonna eat all of that?

Hey! how come you aren't sharing?!
Hubby's trying not to laugh with a mouth full of food.

She's not shy about telling daddy she wants some. This isn't normal in our household by the way, we don't allow her to get away with it very often and she doesn't ever get anything for her oscar worthy performances of poor starving poodle :) It doesn't stop her frm trying though.
so cute! I loe the second pic!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
My junk food junkie

My toy poodle, Rachael also tries to steal any taco bell food that she can. I think she even knows what the Taco bell bags and wrappers look like. The lady I bought her from was Hispanic, and I think she was raised on Mexican food, she was a very picky eater when we brought her home, tried just about everything we could think of to get her to eat, THEN one day we had her in the car with us and went thru a Taco Bell drive thru for some junk food for ourselves and low and behold, this little girl went bonkers trying to get to the food. That was 3 yrs. ago and to this day she still goes crazy when she sees Taco Bell food. BUT as you can see, Rachael has become a little Prima Donna also. She thinks Starbucks is just for her. She wants at least a taste of a blended mocha, even on a cold day at the park.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
My toy poodle, Rachael also tries to steal any taco bell food that she can. I think she even knows what the Taco bell bags and wrappers look like. The lady I bought her from was Hispanic, and I think she was raised on Mexican food, she was a very picky eater when we brought her home, tried just about everything we could think of to get her to eat, THEN one day we had her in the car with us and went thru a Taco Bell drive thru for some junk food for ourselves and low and behold, this little girl went bonkers trying to get to the food. That was 3 yrs. ago and to this day she still goes crazy when she sees Taco Bell food. BUT as you can see, Rachael has become a little Prima Donna also. She thinks Starbucks is just for her. She wants at least a taste of a blended mocha, even on a cold day at the park.

LOL...TACO BELL HUH ! I HAVE TO ADMIT I LOVE TACO BELL TOO. I DON'T BLAME RACHEL.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How old is Jazz?
The females have a tendency to pack the extra weight on much easier than males...poodles and humans,unfortunately.
I don't know 100% for sure how old Jazz is She is eithre 2 or 3 year, spayed according to her previous owners. When I got her the lady gave me a whole bunch of paperwork. In it was her registration application which had never been mailed off. The birthdate on it would have made her three years old with her birthday being a week prior to us getting her. The paperwork also included a sales contract from the breeder with the person who purchased Jazz as a puppy (who then sold Jazz to the lady I got her from). The date of birth on the sale contract was the same day and month but the year was off and would have made her 2 years old. The lady I got her from advertised her as a two year old spayed female.... so who knows. I'll say she's 3 years old.

·
Registered
912 Posts
See this is why my boy is so spoilt - how can you resist a begging poo? He only has to look at me with his loving eyes and I'm bending over backwards to make him happy :rofl: Jazz looks like she has the performance down pat, your OH is doing a great job resisting.

As for Rachel I know I'm a bit partial to blended mocha too :smile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts