Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the visit to the nursing home has turned into a visit to three seperate nursing homes :) I took Jazz up to the shop today for a fluff and puff and some color. I sent my hubby to the craft store down the street where I normaly get my blow pens only to have him come back empty handed :( It seems the store no longer sells the product so we improvised and used what we had blow pen wise and streched that to the limit with the help of some washable crayola markers. This of course ment stars were out of the question so the planned design underwent major changes. I was trying to keep the red to a minimum because it seems that no matter what I use red is perminate in her coat LoL.

Not to bad - what do you think? Feel free to make suggestions if you see anything. Her nails are being painted tonight, probably red, and tomarrow she'll sport a red bow in her topknot along with (Maybe) a patriotic bandana to go with the one Saleen is wearing. Her gentle leader and leash is also red so hopefuly there is enough to balance out the blue

I couldn't help it (sorry Mel) I scissored her all over. Not sure what I would call this haircut LoL... It's a Jazz

And a slightly better pic of the dye job, excuse how I've set her up. She was kind of fighting me and hubby was unsure of when exactly to snap the picture lol.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
LOL... actually, she looks really neat! I lover her tail, the way you did the red/white/blue and her "poms" (yeah, I know,not really poms) look neat, I bet that looks cool when she is trotting towards you. LOL :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou, and yea the 'poms' what a nightmare LoL. They were poms but then Mister and Saleen ripped a bunch of hair out of the front ones and now... well you see LoL. No telling what they'll end up being when it's all said and done - probably they'll be gone!

Just in case anyone is interested

All the red by the way was done with crayola washable marker,
the blue on the ear is blowpen followed over with marker the,
tail was my last remaining blow pen in the dark blue followed by the lighter blue,
and the poms are blow pen again followed over with a the marker.

The only reason I used the red at the base of the tail is b/c I didn't clip it this week and so can easily shave it off next week :) I was sooooo worried it would look like blood. Whew what a relief that it really doesn't

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Looking good :)

I like the way the chest is cut in general too! Great work, more upkeep than I could manage, but wow, it is nice to see people that can :) I think about it, then think again, nah. haha.

·
Registered
151 Posts
awww she looks awesome!! and it's ok, she still has a month of growing out, she still looks like a furry beast as is. They're gonna love her at the nursing homes :D

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picture of Jazz's pedicure, nails left a little long intentionaly so there was room for this amount of polish :) hope it lasts overnight because it took freaing FOREVER!! LoL. All freehanded by the way so it isn't perfect. I'm not a nail tech ha ha.

Enjoy...

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awww man... would you believe I posted that pic not 10 minutes ago and her polish is already chipping... Darn :( Into the crate she goes, it's 12:30 pm here, she only has to hold up another few hours 9:00 - 11:30 am... wish us luck!! She's already had to have touch ups on her poms and her ears where Saleen slobbered on her LoL.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Then, luck it is! But I'm sure you really won't need it. Those people are going to be so happy to see her! I don't think they're going to fret over a little nail polish chipping.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you are right of course Spoospirit, they will love her either way and likely most of them can't see well enough to see her nails polish in detail anyway... not that they'd be likely to care if they could really see it. A few will notice but most will be more concerned with wether or not she has a bow in addition to her color than anything else lol. :) I can't wait... I sooo excited to be going. I know Jazz is going to have a blast too.

·
Registered
646 Posts
How sweet you took the time to give them what they asked for.
I love the colours on her but wouldn't be able to do it as I live in farmers country with dogs of every breed ( to many lab mixes) and most think poodles are fro fro anyways can you imagine if it came to town dyed pink. Poor things would be laughed out of town.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It looks cute,but I like her better the natural way.
The local pitbulls will laugh her out of town.
No worries spoofan I'll be sure to take some updated pics of her, and her face, for you when I wash her. :) She'll be natural for a month until Finghin comes to "play" with her hair.

The visits went well and the people from the origional nursing home who requested her were SOOO excited to see her again. I'll post pics of the visits soon... gotta take hubby out to lunch first though.

·
Registered
843 Posts
No worries spoofan I'll be sure to take some updated pics of her, and her face, for you when I wash her. :) She'll be natural for a month until Finghin comes to "play" with her hair.

The visits went well and the people from the origional nursing home who requested her were SOOO excited to see her again. I'll post pics of the visits soon... gotta take hubby out to lunch first though.
I don't blame them for being excited to see Jazz.
She radiates warmth and kindness.
But,of course,you know that Jazz and I have an online affair...only she doesn't know it...LOL.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts