Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... when you can have a PURPLE one :)

I got sick of Jazz's coat being the dingy creme it has become. Since I couldn't seem to do much about it whitening wise I decided she just needed to be a poodle of a different color. I must say, I have missed my technicolor spoo, glad to have her back :)
Now that we have the color taken care of we need a cut... or at least a FFT. I want a more interesting haircut on her but I don't know what to do. She's in a lamb at the moment and looks Ok-ish I guess, needs some scissor work though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
She looks like an Easter parade. I would sooooo do this if I had a white. Tres cool!
LOL...Too Funny! I looked at the pics and was going to write that she made me think of an Easter Basket, then read your reply!

Well, Wonderpup, Jazz is definitely not a dingy yellow color! I actually love the look! :) :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She looks like an Easter parade. I would sooooo do this if I had a white. Tres cool!
I WISH I had done this for easter. I actually though about that about five minutes after I applied the red dye. I thought shoot, she's gonna look easter-ish maybe I should have left the ears/tail white?? Oh well. I really liked the effect though I wished I'd had more colors to work with. I saw a picture reccently of a three colored job that reminded me of cotton candy it blended perfecting on the legs and ears and tail too I think from blue, to purple to pink.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ohh man, you KNOW how much I want a purple poodle, now I'm jealous! lol.

*goes off muttering something about 'gotta find purple dye too'*

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
First thing I noticed was Jazz has ears!

She looks great and very girly. She's such a pretty dog.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the purple and that is great answer to a dingy dog. (goes off thinking about a blue Maltese)
Yeah I couldn't find that bluing stuff you guys were talking about in the grooming section. I was SO annoyed. The super white wasn't cutting it and I suppose I could have waited for the staining to grow out and go away as I scissored her but I don't have that kind of patience. I detest that color of creme/apricot where you look at the dog and can't quite tell if it's supposed to be that color or if it's dirty. Drives me nuts. lol

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yeah I couldn't find that bluing stuff you guys were talking about in the grooming section. I was SO annoyed. The super white wasn't cutting it and I suppose I could have waited for the staining to grow out and go away as I scissored her but I don't have that kind of patience. I detest that color of creme/apricot where you look at the dog and can't quite tell if it's supposed to be that color or if it's dirty. Drives me nuts. lol
Tell me about it!!
*looks at Saffy lying peacefully on the couch*

·
Registered
336 Posts
Purple Jazz...

... Now that we have the color taken care of we need a cut... or at least a FFT. I want a more interesting haircut on her but I don't know what to do. She's in a lamb at the moment and looks Ok-ish I guess, needs some scissor work though.
I love her technicolor :twitch: purple. She looks Jazzy!

If you want ideas on styles have you seen, "The Complete Poodle Clipping and Grooming Book" [Hardcover] by Shirlee Kalstone? I've had it for years and used it with my Spoo's.

Here is a link to it on Amazon

Don't mind me I'm new here... What is a FFT?

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love her technicolor :twitch: purple. She looks Jazzy!

If you want ideas on styles have you seen, "The Complete Poodle Clipping and Grooming Book" [Hardcover] by Shirlee Kalstone? I've had it for years and used it with my Spoo's.

Here is a link to it on Amazon The Complete Poodle Clipping and Grooming Book

Don't mind me I'm new here... What is a FFT?
yup i've got that book, have had it for several tears. i use it mostly to encourage clients to pick out a clip. i also have a really cool poodle grooming guide from the 1950's. it has at least double or tripple the number of clips in than the kalstone book. my problem is deciding what i want.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts