Poodle Forum banner

481 - 486 of 486 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
I was able to get a smallish brick of Velveeta at my supermarket today in my big trip to the regular food store and Costco. I filled my downstairs freezer with plenty of meat for the dogs and for us. I also got a lot of frozen steam in the bag veggies, milk, bread and so forth. I think I will only need to go in for fresh produce and milk until all the way up against Thanksgiving. The total bill was about $750 and it has been exhausting, but I feel very good about not having to go out much while the fall COVID surge starts.

Reactions: PeggyTheParti

·
Premium Member
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Well guess what? Javelin didn't eat the morning clavamox. BF crushed it and mixed it into a big blob of Velveeta. He saw Javelin investigating it and walked away. I found the uneaten stuff in Javvy's breakfast bowl at 3:30 when Lily and I got home from our NJ trials.

·
Premium Member
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
The doxycyclline is bitter I think since I had cut a few of them in half for the initial dose and accidentally got a tiny bit in my mouth and even just that tiny shard was awful. Now he is taking two whole ones at a time instead of the 1.5 and they are small so BF didn't crush them. He did eat that cheese pocket. The problem arose when BF (reasonably enough) decided he would crush up the edible clavamox (so can't taste that bad, right?) and mashed it into the cheese. I don't think he really thought out the idea that if Javelin wasn't going to eat it as a chewable he was not likely to eat it crushed into a piece of cheese. Add onto that that he had seen him eat the doxy that way so he didn't stay to watch him eat the clavamox and it didn't get into him at all. It had been sitting in his bowl for about 6 hours by the time I got home so I just threw it away.

He does finally really seem much better, so hopefully that one missed dose won't be a problem. I want him to get back to work and he does too.

Reactions: PeggyTheParti

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hope Javvy is still on the mend. It sounds like you had quite a road with him.

·
Premium Member
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Carolinek, thanks for your good wishes for my sweet boy. He has had a couple of punk weeks, but I have no doubts that he is nearly back to happy warrior status.

481 - 486 of 486 Posts