Poodle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
These are the poodles that have been specially bred to have blunter noses and longer legs. A few posts ago, someone jumped on me for saying that poodles like that are not meeting breed standards. I know this, im just saying I love this style for years and its finally getting some recognition here in the states. Thanks to Leroys mom for doing all this research. My toy poodle Gino has a pointy face and a bad bite so I'm always doing creative things with his muzzle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Atlanta Pet Fair 2011 was a blast to compete at! I took first place in Rescue Rodeo and did a 'Japanese Anime' groom. I totally recommend trying Rescue Rodeo if you are too scared to compete in regular classes. It helps a rescue dog and whether you win or not, it's good for the soul!

Cheers,
Mich

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
bella's in a japenese ish style groom right now- yes the face gets a big grungy and i feed raw- bu uit's not gross or anything- it's actually the water that gets it

here's her face a couple weeks after a bath

·
Registered
512 Posts
bella's in a japenese ish style groom right now- yes the face gets a big grungy and i feed raw- bu uit's not gross or anything- it's actually the water that gets it
What a cutie, I hope I didn't offend. I just had my own boy trimmed down again. I was exhausted by the ridiculous number of "is that a doodle?" questions. :biggrin:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Japanese Style Grooming

Pretty fancy scissor work going on there with this style. It's very cute on small dogs (toys, miniatures,Maltese, Lhasa,Pom and shih Tzu)and they do look like stuffed animals. I can't imagine it on my standard though..lol..
I think I'll stick with the Lamb or Sporting clip I usually do on her.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Does that dog have FAUX AND REAL EARS?!? (third set of photos posted if my quoting doesn't work)
You're talking about the brown one, right? I plan to do this with my mpoo next. (Lots of growing to do!)

It is an extra set of rosettes at the base of the ear. If you look carefully you can see the dog has hip rosettes also.

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
WOW! Pammie, are you a student or an instructor? Are you in Thailand? I'm just so totally impressed!!!!!! Beautiful work!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love those pics. Thank you for sharing them. I saw one on Facebook that was simply the cutest Id ever seen on a toy poodle! Really looked like a stuffed animal.
My best friend is a groomer and I have to show her these. I am so lucky as I am going to be getting lessons from her so I can learn to groom my mini when the time comes. Will save me a lot of money and I think it should be fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for the kind comments. I'm a student at Starwood at the moment but get my certificate next week and then I can go home x

Which pic is it that you have given your groomer cin3dee? You are very lucky that she is going to give you lessons ;)

21 - 40 of 57 Posts