Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of his cut? Its supposed to be a puppy cut, but I think they took too much off his face??? He looks all grown up :argh:

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he is beautiful. how old is he?
Thanks, he is about 5 months now!! He is sleeping next to me as I speak after spending the past hour trying to get the washing off the washing line lol. He looks such a baby now lol.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like it-keeping the hair out of their eyes is a good thing as it prevents tearing and possible infections (so I have read). They left his tail pretty fluffy-did they trim it at all?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
He looks very cute. Im personally a fan of a close shaved muzzle so I would of went shorter on the ff&t but he looks great!

Also, is he a miniature or standard puppy? I wanted to say standard but he looks like a smaller standard in the pics. Cant always tell in pics...well I cant sometimes. lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
He looks great! I personally like the face shaved, but not up over the eyes, just cut til it's at about eye level... not sure if that makes sence and I can't exactly tell from the pics, but I like the hair to hang over the eyes just slightly... otherwise I think it looks like a bad bang job! lol (I'll see if I can find pics to show you what I mean)
Here's the good news, it's hair, it grows! And if there's something you don't love about the way they did this cut, just tell them specifically next time!
He really is a doll, he looks so cute!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They left his tail pretty fluffy-did they trim it at all?
No they didnt, I was pretty annoyed about that tbh, I asked her to do it because the tail was really sun bleached. So I ended up doing it myself earlier!! Also his ears are bleached as well, do you think it would be okay for me to cut them myself?? I know they are supposed to be quite long but I want to get rid of the bleaching?? I dont want him to look silly!!!
Heather- I think they have done what your talking about, its all shaven up to his eyes then its longer going up over his head. But I would like to see the picture you mentioned to compare.

Heres the pic of the tail after i got some scissors to it :devil:......

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, is he a miniature or standard puppy? I wanted to say standard but he looks like a smaller standard in the pics. Cant always tell in pics...well I cant sometimes. lol
He is a miniature. It is hard to guess from pictures sometimes.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
He looks good, they did seem to take too much fur above his eyes when I shave a poodles face i just shave the corner of the eye and make a V type shape but they went higher.

He's very handsome though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts