Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I took Jackson for a CGC test at Petsmart. I just got a little inspired by some threads I read here and called on a whim. The trainer (AKC Certified) was finishing a 12-week class and said I could come in and just pay a small fee to do the test.

Jackson not only passed but did better than all the other dogs (naturally - he's a poodle!). I was a little worried because he's often anxious when we're out without Hoot. And many of the other dogs in that small room were a little too aggressive for my shy boy. But he did everything perfectly! I'm so proud of him. Now I would like to look into some obedience trials.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
YEAH!!! Way to go!

As for moving on to Obedience, check out the AKC site for the exercises and expectations for showing in Novice. It is something you can totally train for at home. Maybe you could start another thread about preparing for Novice.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
That's awesome! I totally recommend going down the obedience route, it can be so much fun! The CGC test has been something I've been meaning to do with Saffy for quite some time now, just need to actually get around to doing it!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Quite a show Jackson! Such a good poodle! I'm sure the handler did pretty good too. Congratulations and keep it going with obedience. It sounds like he really enjoys it. I like cbrands idea about creating a Novice thread.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everybody! I really am proud of us both. I have e-mailed a couple of local contacts I found online and have found some other interesting reads. I'll post them in my new Novice thread.

I have no doubt he'll do well. He's about the smartest poodle ever (in my humble completely Unbiased opinion-imhcuo)!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts