Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We posted this in the showing thread but hadn't had a stacked view of Ivy since no one was here to hold her while I took the photograph. We have one now and could use some constructive criticism on what needs to be done. She will be in the ring on February 20th. Thank you in advance for any and all help you can provide to us.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Okay I said this in the other thread but it probably got lost some where.LOL Her tuck up is too long. It's not giving her enough definition there, it needs to come up a lot more. Her rear is too long, it needs to be shorter because either she's a tad long in the body or her grooming is making her look long in the body. I hope someone can manipulate the picture and show you.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I posted in the show thread Deddie :)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I have a video for you let me fine it give me a few mins ok

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I hate puppy clip so much. Even in Kalstone's book she says it's one of those things that you can't really describe that it's a mastery of taking off very little bits of hair and sculpting the dog into a shape that accentuates it's body. Ugh, whatever that means.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Again, I pay a pro for this, so take what I say for what it is worth.

I think she looks long because she has too much on the front and too much on the rear. She has a great tail set and what is probably great shelf so you can trim her closer behind. In the front, I would take hair off of he chest and the front of her leg.

DO NOT take anything off the back of her front legs or the front of her back legs.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Next...

I think the line is wrong on her chest. You need to reshape the line so that it arcs from leg to sternum and then from sternum to the line of the neck. The sternum should be the center of the curve. Right now the line comes in too high.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I don't really have anything constructive to add except I'm glad to see someone else who has their grooming stuff in the kitchen!! :lol: My sisters think I'm wacked to have our grooming table in the kitchen, but that's the most convenient place for now! Carry on! :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Again, I pay a pro for this, so take what I say for what it is worth.

I think she looks long because she has too much on the front and too much on the rear. She has a great tail set and what is probably great shelf so you can trim her closer behind. In the front, I would take hair off of he chest and the front of her leg.

DO NOT take anything off the back of her front legs or the front of her back legs.
Whew!! We were thinking of taking a bit more off the back of the front!! OK, we won't do that. The line of her chest in front really is off but we didn't quite know what to do with it. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, forgot to mention that we don't have any pro groomers anywhere where we live. We looked, we called; but, no one wanted to do show cuts!!! Some have not even done a pet clip because they don't see standards!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
definitely do NOT take anything from the back of the front legs or the front of the back legs (keeping hair there shortens the gap in the middle, shortening the visual effect of their body) And yeah, she needs the length off the back end and the chest to shorten her whole look

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
definitely do NOT take anything from the back of the front legs or the front of the back legs (keeping hair there shortens the gap in the middle, shortening the visual effect of their body) And yeah, she needs the length off the back end and the chest to shorten her whole look
Cbrand and FD, thanks for the info on the front legs..... definitely never have and never will touch the front of the hind legs though, that we know for sure. :)

Cbrand, I know the front is so not right, will work on getting that proper shape as you said. And, will trim the rear shorter. Thank you for your thoughts and help. Oh, and thanks for the info on the top knot hair on the other thread.

We are going to be working on her coat tomorrow.... hmmm, after midnight so I guess I'd have to say "later today" lol, so will see how we do and get more pics on showing how we get her.

Geesh, I like the continental clip MUCH better....lol.

Thanks all!!! :) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts