Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was the big day for their first show. There were 30 dogs and several were in the puppy class. Chantell did well for her first time but Ivy had a bit of a meltdown when it was time to be checked by the judge. Ivy and I along with another handler and her dog were dismissed after the first round.

But, I'm proud to say that our little apricot, Chantell got to stay in for the next round!! Nice for her first time out. Gosh, she was so cute running around with all of those black dogs. She didn't get any ribbons but got herself some good experience with the whole show thing.

It was a bit unnerving for both of the dogs when we arrived. So much noise and dogs barking everywhere and all those strange sounds.

Dianne and I enjoyed the day and had fun with our dogs. Dianne's grandson, Michael, and my husband came along with us and were a great help with the equipment and support for us.

We all went out to a nice dinner afterward and are now home with everyone relaxing.

Very sorry to say we have no still photos of our own pups in the ring since Dianne and I had to go in at the same time. Michael video taped our class and Dianne will be posting that later on.

We made acquaintances with most of the owners/handlers and were happy that they were open to sharing information with us.

I took photos of the spoos after my class was done and then wandered the facility taking photos of other breeds. I hope you enjoy the lovely dogs we visited with. There are several; hope it's not too much.

Specialty

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really liked this woman's outfit since it complimented her dog so well.

This one was funny. He wouldn't put that front foot down!

Specialty

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Aww, it's so lovely to see so many beautiful spoos!
Especially having just gotten home from a show with my Dobe and there were no spoos at all! :(
How can one live???? ..lol

That's cool that Chantel had such a great time! :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This white poodle seemed to think that he was human as he was always on his hind legs .....LOL Michael is in the foreground.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These two are just toooo cute!

Hanging out

This was hysterical!! My husband thought this was one dog and couldn't for the life of him figure out what kind it was. It was actually a Puli sleeping with a Havanese puppy on the other side of him.....LOL

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Breaking them down...

We were told this guy's sister was available for $3,500 and is cream. She has the same personality as this boy.....right off-the-wall....he was spinning everywhere and couldn't pay attention to anything....It was like watching someone bring out a high-strung Arabian that wasn't broke yet.....OMG!!

Our last stop on before getting back to out tables....Love his eyes!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Amazing pictures, as usual - I LOVE your posts! You truly capture the soul of these beautiful animals... Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you so much! I have been told by several people that I should specialize in pet photography. Too bad the market here won't support it as I love to photograph animals and their owners.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes, I agree! I understand, though, it is a hard time to restrict your area to specialize in animals only... but if it were ever possible, you should! It is so much fun to photograph the pups! I love the photo ops:) What kind of camera do you use?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I use a Canon 5d Mark II. It takes fabulous images and has a really good video as well. I am using a wide angle lens right now because that was all I could afford after buying the camera but I have the 70-200 2.8 on my wish list and hopefully will have it this year. I really like that lens for portraiture. I also use Lightroom II to make all of the adjustments for enhancement, etc. I rarely go to Photoshop for anything anymore. None of these images were enhanced other than exposure adjustments in a few. I could not use flash so I had to use a 1250 ISO. and set for an aperture priority to get them to come out that good under natural lighting. I am very pleased with the result even though some show a bit of motion blur.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow! Nice camera! I am a total amateur:) I just have a simple Sony DSC-HX1 (Exmor). I have really enjoyed Sonys and got this one because it will take 10 frames per second. I haven't been really satisfied with the color or clarity of this camera, though. I really loved the old F-707, and I still take it out when I want to be really certain I get a good picture. I know part of my problem is that I just haven't had the time to get to know this camera and get into everything it will do. Just need some time!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts