Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has been a hectic last couple weeks so my guys did not get their weekly bath and this week is a horrible week and I am not going to have the time to do them this week, so Deb did Ivy and is in the process of doing Chantel for me while I am at work.

She sent me some pics she took of her after her bath and groom. Seeing as Taffy is, well, out of commission for showing for a while, Deb is going to take Ivy in while I take Chantel in. Ivy is growing her hair nicely, we are going to keep her banded from now, well, all are going to be continuously banded.

Deb did a good job of getting her to self stack by herself :clap: Ivy just didn't keep her tail up...lol.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We need to get all the shorter hairs along the edges to grow longer so Deb made sure all was gotten into the tie up. Love this arial shot of Ivy's head. :)
[/IMG]

And a couple shots of her moving. One walking alone just a couple weeks ago, the other trotting with me a month ago.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And, just for the heck of it... one of her stacked a month ago.. same day as trotting pic above. :) Looking forward to showing this little black girl. BTW.. she is Taffy's cousin and Gorky's full sister.

I hadn't sprayed up her pack hair here and it was two days after her bath so it is limp. You can see that she has grown a lot more just in the last month between this pic and the ones Deb took tonight!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
553 Posts
By the way, I also have met Ivy and Gorky's brother. His name is Sampson and he goes to the same dog training classes as we do. He is a tall and black in color. I understand there were 5 in the litter.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
She is gorgeous! Pardon my asking but is she black or blue? She looks black to me, but then so does Billy, lol.
She is a solid black...Billy is a blue but is taking much longer to change than his sister Grace. If we were to photograph Ivy and Billy side-by-side, you would see the difference in their color.

The next time we are photographing the dogs, I will do that.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Can you tell me what is behind the banding of the hair? Is it because it looks so cute, or is there an actual purpose for it?

Thx
P
The banding of the hair is because she's a show dog, and they're trying to protect it as it grows! If it's left out loose, the ends break from normal wear-and-tear, but banded the ends are protected. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
She is beautiful. She has very wise eyes and seems to be looking at you with such inteligence. How old is she? It makes me kinda sad that i trimmed off the boys' fluffy hair, however, since they won't be shown all the work would just be silly just for fun.

I am curious if the bands break the hair as well if they aren't switched out very often. I know so very little about it so sorry if it's a dumb question. :)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for the compliments, Mercury's Mom. Ivy is 7 months old. Yes, taking care of that much hair is a lot more work, you would have to love to do it... well, to do it!

Yes, if left in too long, the bands can definitely break the hair. They need to be changed out every three to four days. We have just started to get really serious on banding. The dogs get bathed once a week with leave in conditioner as the last part of their bath to help keep coat breaking to a minimum. We are ordering the wraps so we can start to wrap as well as band.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts