Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ivy is almost 8 months old (on the 13th), and she started going to the dog park this week. She absolutely loves it!! She runs, she plays, she crashes, she is just a big goober of a poodle. I just love her :D. She is such a sweetheart, and has come such a long way since I got her (she had not been socialized at all and had severe ear and eye infections, etc).
I am so lucky to have found her :D

That tail drives me crazy!! :wacko:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The midget one HATES the park and won't leave my side

She let her brother lay underneith her for the drive home

All brushed out

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Esme (the Mini Schn) was not too happy that I took the pillow out of the crate to wash it, so she compromised

She's lucky that Ivy is so chill and willing to put up with just about anything

She is pretty sure that she is the queen dog

·
Registered
232 Posts
Those are great pictures! My favorite one is of the Mini Schnauzer using Ivy as a pillow!! That's hilarious!

My poodle is also a goober. I take him to the local park and he runs and runs and runs and slips and slides and falls. Then gets up and spits the grass out of his mouth and takes off again! Too funny :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are great pictures! My favorite one is of the Mini Schnauzer using Ivy as a pillow!! That's hilarious!

My poodle is also a goober. I take him to the local park and he runs and runs and runs and slips and slides and falls. Then gets up and spits the grass out of his mouth and takes off again! Too funny :)
Ivy's bf out there is a 1-yr-old blue nose pit. They run and play as hard as they can. Yes, she gets dirty, but she has so much fun :D

One of the people there today said that she had been watching Ivy and the pit and wondered if SPoos are usually that active and playful :doh:. She said she thought that they were usually prissy dogs who didn't act like dogs. She said that she always loved their looks, but didn't think that she would be able to have a GSD and SPoo in the same house. I just politely laughed and informed her that my SPoo was as much of a dog as her GSD and that she loves to play and get dirty.
She fell in love with Ivy and said that she is going to do more research on SPoos.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Beautiful girl, she and her pack mates look like they love it (with the exception of the little one lol) I am sure eventually esme will come out to play as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful girl, she and her pack mates look like they love it (with the exception of the little one lol) I am sure eventually esme will come out to play as well.
Thanks. Both Elliot and Ivy LOVE the dog park.

Esme, well, yesterday was her 1st visit, so I'll give her some time

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Esme looks like she is a character, all the pictures with her in them crack me up! Thanks for sharing!

Ivy and Elliot look like they had a lot of fun... there is nothing better than bringing home a satisfied doggy from the dog park, they just glow all day!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Well, it certainly looks like Ivy (great name...btw...lol) totally enjoys life!! Great pics of her. :) My favs have to be Esme using her as a blanket, though. Those are too funny and adorable. Ivy looks like the perfectly tolerant poodle who loves life. Good for you to give her such a loving home!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it certainly looks like Ivy (great name...btw...lol) totally enjoys life!! Great pics of her. :) My favs have to be Esme using her as a blanket, though. Those are too funny and adorable. Ivy looks like the perfectly tolerant poodle who loves life. Good for you to give her such a loving home!!!! :) :)
Your Ivy has a great name too :D
Ivy is just the most loving and easy-going dog that I have ever met. I am so lucky to have found her

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Great pictures! Looks like Ivy was having a blast at the park! Looks like she's come a long way!
She has for sure. When I 1st got her, everything scared her to the point where she was too terrified to move. She would have prefered to hide in a corner somewhere, but now she loves to be with me. She is still very timid and startled easily, but she trusts me. Right now I am working on getting her to allow strangers to pet her without her running away; the dog park is great for this.

She has even recently started playing with familliar people and toys!! That's something that we have worked so hard on. She has always been willing to play with other dogs since she spent 5 months of her life kenneled with lots of them, but she wouldn't interact with people except to get attention (it took her awhile before she was even able to do that). She now loves to play fetch and play with her chewies :D.

This was her about 5 weeks after she came home; she was trying to get into my room to hide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts