Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just a little bit of a cough, the teeniest tiniest bit, and Mum took me to the vet! She said she would rather go to the vet than lie awake half the night wondering if I am breathing faster or my tongue is going blue or my ears are too hot or too cold or all the other things she worries about when one of us is a tiny bit poorly, but what she forgets is that I would rather stay at home! I'm the one that has to stand on the table and have horrible things done to me, and I don't lie awake at night at all - I slept very well all warm and cosy under the duvet snuggled up to Mum. Anyway, the vet says it is just a mild cold and should get better all by itself. And as soon as we got back Sophy started coughing, which proves it is just a bug. Mum said the best medicine for colds is chicken soup, which sounds just right to me!

Poppy xxx

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Oh Poppy, I’m sorry you had to go to the vet! Hopefully they gave you some nice snacks there at least. I’ve never had a cough before but I hate it when mum does - I have to go sleep on the couch because it disturbs me so much! Hopefully your mum doesn’t do that. Feel better soon!

Rory xx

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I got nice treats at the counter, and it is not much of a cough - I have only snuffled twice all evening. I know what you mean about humans coughing - when ours has a bug she coughs and coughs, then sits up and coughs some more, then gets up and goes to the bathroom for a drink of water, then wriggles around getting comfy, then, just as we have nearly got back to sleep she starts all over again!

It is quite a good week to snuggle at home - it is pouring with rain, and everywhere is soggy, so cuddling up all dry and warm feels very nice.

Poppy xxx

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have just a little bit of a cough, the teeniest tiniest bit, and Mum took me to the vet! She said she would rather go to the vet than lie awake half the night wondering if I am breathing faster or my tongue is going blue or my ears are too hot or too cold or all the other things she worries about when one of us is a tiny bit poorly, but what she forgets is that I would rather stay at home! I'm the one that has to stand on the table and have horrible things done to me, and I don't lie awake at night at all - I slept very well all warm and cosy under the duvet snuggled up to Mum. Anyway, the vet says it is just a mild cold and should get better all by itself. And as soon as we got back Sophy started coughing, which proves it is just a bug. Mum said the best medicine for colds is chicken soup, which sounds just right to me!

Poppy xxx
Love hearing from you Poppy. Get well soon, and Sophy too!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts