Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, we're getting snow and they are expecting us to get quite a storm over Christmas. I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to my folks, so I am hoping it goes around us or comes early/late. After I shoveled the driveway, I decided to enlist a little help from Brian to try something a bit different with Vinnie for photos. I usually throw the toy and then take the shots as he is coming back. I had Brian throw the toy (Vinnie's favorite Cuz) and I took the shots as he was chasing the toy. I got some fun shots with all the snow flying...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Love it! Haha, he has an ice fringe. I really like the second one on the first post, great capture!

I never thought I'd say this, but I kind of wish we would get a little snow. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without it. :(

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
OMG that's a lot of snow. I can't imagine having to clean that out of poodle hair. The puddles they leave around the house must be enormous.:lol:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! It is a bit of snow, but nothing like what we have had in the past.

Cdnjennga - you are more than welcome to come get as much snow as you would like. I have plenty of extra (some of it is even yellow!! :wink:).

Kpoos - After something like this, I put Vinnie in an ex-pen in the kitchen with a Kong to drip dry, then I will brush him out once he is damp-ish.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
How fun was that, wow.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Those are wonderful pics. I love the intensity on his face, must get ball.

I can relate to all the snow. That's pretty much how it looks here too. Isn't hilarious how some poodles want to dive into snow head first. My Jenny does that too.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The snow looks so beautiful and fluffy. It would be nice to have a white Christmas. Be careful driving in it though.

Vinnie looks like he has adjusted to the cold weather just fine. What a great expression! Does Robin like to play in the snow with him?

Seems like he would get cold a lot faster without more hair.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I love the 'End Shot"!!!
Adorable.
He looks like he is having such a great time. :)

Please keep that storm there, we don't want it here in WI. ;)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vinnie doesn't mind the cold at all - He stayed outside today for about an hour and it was probably in the upper 20s. As long as it's not windy, we adjust pretty quickly :biggrin: The IGs and Robin stay inside other than very quick bathroom breaks. It's really really nice to have a dog that likes to go out when it's cold. It does make me wonder, though, how he is going to handle the hot/humid summers.

As for that storm Taxtell, I would like to give it away. They are thinking that we are going to get "heavy snow, freezing rain and ice" Christmas Eve and Christmas day. :frown:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Marvelous photos!! It's so much fun to see a poodle having a great time in the snow. I can't wait until we get some real snow so that I can get outside and get some pics like that too. Love your photos!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
hehehe, love Vinnie. Always makes me smile! I can't believe his ball still has feet!! The feet are the first things to be ripped off in my house :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just fantastic pics. Love the tail end and what concentration and focus. Thanks for sharing the joy. ps Hope you are all coping with the storms, I'm thinking of you all down here in the sun.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hehehe, love Vinnie. Always makes me smile! I can't believe his ball still has feet!! The feet are the first things to be ripped off in my house :p
Vinnie's Cuz has to stay on top of the fridge (along with a few other favorites) otherwise it probably would not have feet and I would not have hearing! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Vinnie's Cuz has to stay on top of the fridge (along with a few other favorites) otherwise it probably would not have feet and I would not have hearing! :biggrin:
you mean you don't love the endless SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK? ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts