Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have officially changed Rune to Glader. My Husband got his wish. I like them both so it's ok.

We are having some major diarrhea problems. He has had it for about 4 days. It's not really effecting his play or mood. He is wild and beats up my sister's spoo who is double his size. I've tried fasting, amodium, and now rice and chicken and probiotics. If it isn't better by Monday we will be visiting the vet. I talked to them today and they think it may be a bacterial thing.

Meanwhile his biggest problem is not biting his mom and aunt. I think I'm more worried about the diarrhea than he is. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Eww, "fountain poo". LOL

Reesmom, did you try feeding him pumpkin? I haven't had to use it myself, but it seems to be widely recommended for this.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Happy you decided on a name. I am sorry about the diarrhea. Has he been tested for coccidiosis?

*Stella was having a little diarrhea but her stool is MUCH better since I changed her kibble to Taste Of The Wild - Pacific.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Does his breath smell sulfur-y at all? Stryder as a puppy had coccidia... was the happiest and naughtiest thing on earth but poor boy had runs for a week before we could get an appointment. Seriously smelled like someone was farting in the room every time he opened his mouth.

Hope you figure it out soon! I've had great results with pumpkin as well.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No funny smells in breath or poo. Just runny. He can hold it until it's time to go out like nothings wrong. It's just runny when he does go. I'll try the pumpkin. I've read that helps alot.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Good luck finding the pumpkin! I can't find it anywhere here for the last couple of months. If not pumpkin - I would mix yogurt into his rice and chicken if on a bland diet.

Also keep in mind - these are temporary fixes, this is why I avoid using if I suspect it could be something else. Last thing you want to do is mask a potential problem.

For me though my puppies all had softer stool, on good kibble. It takes time for their systems to catch up, and if you changed his food from what the breeder was feeding could be contributing to some of the poos.

Hope he gets some tighter poops soon!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Congratulations on the new name!

Diarrhea seems to be going around :(. Pumpkin is non-existent in my area right now. Rice did okay, but sweet potatoes were the magic key in getting Jasper back on track!

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you do find it... make sure its plain pumpking and not the pumpkin pie mix.

It's been out of stock here for awhile, something about farmers having a bad crop last year thus not alot of pumpkin. :( I grab a few cans whenever I see it just in case we need it, and they're out of stock again. LOL

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm gonna try the sweet potato or pumpkin if we can find it. We are coming off rice and chicken. I mixed some TOW in with that 1/2 & 1/2. It didn't change. But now I can't tell if it's just soft because of the moisture in the rice and chicken. We'll see. I have a whole bag remedies I am carrying around with me. :rolffleyes: Poor baby. He seems to be feel fine, but he's not putting on any weight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts