·
Registered
4,481 Posts
It sure is! Loven these pups!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pondered leaving the dewclaws, agility people want them on- but these aren't high drive poodles headed for agility homes. I personally don't like dewclaws, I saw to many problems as a groomer.
But yes, I had the dewclaws removed.
Carole

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
What beautiful pups they are! I love Lavendar and Gunnar. So cute! I want to squeeze them and smell their puppy breath. :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Ha, ha. They look like something more than little sausages with feet and a tail now! They're adorable. I love orange puppy; so content with the world.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Coming back for a second look. Is blue male or female? Sorry if you already posted this:) I just love that face.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Ok I'm wondering why dew claws for agility as well. Never heard that before. Flyball any decent drive dog needs skid boots to protect the stop pad and dew claws

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I've heard some folks say that they use them to "grip" etc. I think it is silly. Are you really going to tell me that a dog is cornering so hard that it is going to be angling into the dirt and actually using that dew claw? The dew claw is not very strong and it gets ripped pretty easily.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My favorite thing at that age is when they sleep belly up, and their little tummies are soo round. I love it! can't wait to get one.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
ok that's funny- to grip? i mean i see them 'grip' when my dog is trying to climb up my leg (the lil danish dog)

nd i'm not sure how tht artical which says "it appears" to be more dogs with dew claws don't have it. So many other factors go into arthritis then a dew claw or not that unless there was a case study following x dogs 1/2 with and 1/2 with out dew claws doing the same work over fences etc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts