Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's BORING here. Even though it was a Saturday, my human was gone for HOURS.

We only had a morning walk, and an evening walk, and practiced down stay, and played catch with my plush ball inside a couple times, and did the mat lying game, and I ate a Kong, and had a training session, and I am BORED. She wouldn't even let me play with the fluffy black and white smelly friend I saw on our walk!

I tried barking and pouncing at the poodle in the mirror - and the human took the mirror away! I took all the toys out of the toybox, but now I am bored with them. I barked in the hall a few times, and my human got excited and shut me in the bathroom. That wasn't what I wanted at all! I rang the potty bells to go out a bunch of times until my human put them away again. I tried barking at squirrels through the windows, and the human shut the blinds.

Poodle friends- what's a poodle to do when your human is so BORING?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
One trick you can play on them is to be really quiet and hide somewhere. They will become very worried and active trying to figure out where you are and what you're doing.

Human's don't like this game, so maybe they'll pay more attention to you again :).

Your bitty buddies, Neo and Remo

·
Super Moderator
5,103 Posts
Poor Annie! Peggy Sue can relate ?

I like to come up with puzzles to keep her entertained in her x-pen. Something as simple as a treat inside a box inside a box inside a box can be very entertaining! And mentally exhausting.

The Canine Enrichment group on Facebook is also full of great ideas. Someone here actually told me about it! Invaluable.

·
Super Moderator
5,103 Posts
P.S. Sometimes, though, tiredness looks an awful lot like boredom. Some quiet crate time quickly lets me know if that's the real culprit. If it is, Peggy will be fast asleep in minutes. If not, she can come out again after a little time has passed, and just work on settling in the meantime.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Hi Annie - humans can often be really boring. Our Mum has times when she is busy-busy-boring, and we just have to snooze till she finishes, but often playing at being sad works. Every time your human stands up, or just looks up, jump up being all happy and excited, then if they don't do anything interesting give a huge sigh and make your ears and tail go all limp and droopy and your eyes huge and sad, and lie down with your nose on your paws and stare at them. Usually two or three goes are enough to persuade our Mum to do something fun for dogs!

Poppy xx

Reactions: For Want of Poodle

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One trick you can play on them is to be really quiet and hide somewhere. They will become very worried and active trying to figure out where you are and what you're doing.

Human's don't like this game, so maybe they'll pay more attention to you again :).

Your bitty buddies, Neo and Remo
Oh yes - that's a GOOD game Neo and Remo! My human especially doesn't like that one because I am usually going through her coat pockets for treats and tearing up poop bags. Or a paper towel roll, or...

Hi Annie - humans can often be really boring. Our Mum has times when she is busy-busy-boring, and we just have to snooze till she finishes, but often playing at being sad works. Every time your human stands up, or just looks up, jump up being all happy and excited, then if they don't do anything interesting give a huge sigh and make your ears and tail go all limp and droopy and your eyes huge and sad, and lie down with your nose on your paws and stare at them. Usually two or three goes are enough to persuade our Mum to do something fun for dogs!

Poppy xx
Poppy- I'm not very good at looking sad yet, but I do do the 'jack-in-the-box poodle" every time she gets up, and try to lead her to the door. Sometimes it works, but she's pretty good at ignoring me. She says she is busy "car shopping" before our car gives out on a long road trip again. I like cars and I like shopping. I don't see why I can't go with her. And I don't see what staring at the boring glowy box has to do with either thing!

·
Registered
222 Posts
And I don't see what staring at the boring glowy box has to do with either thing!
I hate the glowy box!! My people are forever staring at it and clicking, it's ridiculous. At least I usually get to sit on a lap while it's going on. As long as the cats haven't beaten me to it.

When I'm bored, since I'm usually such a good quiet girl, I've found that all I have to do is start woofing under my breath and the people do something more exciting. This morning I acted like I didn't want to go far on my morning walk and it got shortened. After about an hour in the house post breakfast, I got bored and woofed a few times. Magically, soon thereafter we had found a new park to explore :)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts