Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we've been hit with back-to-back storms here for the last few weeks. First snow, then heavy rain. Murphy hasn't had a bath since a couple of days before Christmas. Seemed pointless with the snow, slush, mud, etc that we've been out in every day. I was starting to feel that she was getting pretty dirty - her back legs, especially. I didn't know if they'd ever come clean. Then today we went to the beach for a play date with her Jack Russel friend, Jack. The beaches here aren't sand. They're rocky and this particular one has some areas that are like small fields. At least that's what they're like when the tide isn't exceptionally high after torrential rain.

Here she is around 1pm outside the house - pre-beach. I was considering this quite dirty.

Then, around 4 pm - post-beach. Now that's dirty!

And finally, a couple in the family room after her bath around 6pm.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
She's just beautiful. Those 3rd and 4th pics are exactly why I feel in love with Standard Poodle's. Thats just a beautiful breed.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. We thing she's lovely - inside and out. Actually, we kind of thought she was cute all dirty and wet - it seems so out of place when you keep them so clean and well-groomed. It was great to see her running through the muck being a real dog. A real black dog would have been even better:tongue:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I love the dirty pic, she looks like she's saying "well that was fun but can you bath me now please Mum!" and afterwards she looks very please with herself. It's great to be able to let them be just dogs and them clean them up afterwards and sit on the couch for a big cuddle :biggrin: that's my idea of the best day with the dogs.

·
Registered
329 Posts
She's beautiful!! Being a new mom to a white standard I'm not looking forward to those days in the second picture!!! I thought she'd been pretty dirty already, but nowhere near that!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I am glad she had fun! I remember now why I don't have a white spoo...white toy poodles are hard enough to keep clean! LOL

She looks great, and its great she got to go out and get good and dirty (AND HAVE FUN) ...and her mommy still loves her!

I bet she slept good that night!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We were just happy that we walked to the beach and back. Can you imagine putting that in your car????? And amazingly, she had just as much energy on the walk home as she did on the way there. She did, indeed sleep well last night though :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She's beautiful!! Being a new mom to a white standard I'm not looking forward to those days in the second picture!!! I thought she'd been pretty dirty already, but nowhere near that!
I didn't know you got a new white standard, SamIAm. Did I miss pictures??????

At first it drove me nuts when she'd get dirty, but you can't keep them dry and clean all the time, right? We did get a rain suit, though. Tried it out for the first time today and it was great. We had to get a size that she'll grow into so I have to turn the legs up, but it worked out well and I only had feet to wipe clean when we got home. No way we could let her run and play with her friends in it, though ;)

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have just ordered a couple of snoods for the T dog so we'll see what he thinks about them when they turn up. I would love to at least be able to keep the food out of his ears as a start. Don't think he would tolerate a rain suit!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have just ordered a couple of snoods for the T dog so we'll see what he thinks about them when they turn up. I would love to at least be able to keep the food out of his ears as a start. Don't think he would tolerate a rain suit!
where did you get the snoods from? is this something that needs to be started early?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I didn't know you got a new white standard, SamIAm. Did I miss pictures??????

At first it drove me nuts when she'd get dirty, but you can't keep them dry and clean all the time, right? We did get a rain suit, though. Tried it out for the first time today and it was great. We had to get a size that she'll grow into so I have to turn the legs up, but it worked out well and I only had feet to wipe clean when we got home. No way we could let her run and play with her friends in it, though ;)
Her name is Jenny. I have posted pics, here is the latest, not the best picture but I just love how much they cuddle.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Her name is Jenny. I have posted pics, here is the latest, not the best picture but I just love how much they cuddle.
I LOVE that picture. It's so sweet the way they cuddle up. Off to find the other pictures......

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah ha - now I remember, SamIAm. I had just joined this forum when you posted about getting Jenny. Once I saw the pictures it jogged my memory. She reminded me of Murphy!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ohh that is the more gorgeous photo. T & Locky never cuddle that much, although maybe in the winter they might. How white does she look up against the black - just beautiful.

I hope you don't need to start them early with the snoods tannerokeefe cause T is now 6 months and he's never had one! A lady on another forum I'm on is making them for me but they are available from lots of places on the internet, or dog shows if you ever get to go to any (which I don't). They need to be supervised when they have them on so it's not going to help wet ears when he drinks during the day while I'm at work but atleast it might keep meaty bones out of his ears LOL.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow she really got dirty, turned her a different color. lol
She really must have had a blast. She cleans up very nicely.
Very beautiful!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts