Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning ,
Does anyone have any suggestions on what would cause my poodle to scratch after being groomed. This does not happen every time she is groomed. She is shampooed with oatmeal shampoo and cream rinse. She has always gotten a short cut on her body and the itching just started this year she is 6 years old. She has been taken to the Vet 2 times for this issue, Vet thinks its allergies but it only happens occasionally after getting groomed. I bathe her and trim her in between groomings. I ask the groomer this time to cut her body a little longer. I have read that after a short cut poodles hair can become irritated. Any ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Sometimes if the groomer isn’t careful, dog can get razor burn which is irritating. Those blades can get very hot during clipping. I have two of each blade. I’m constantly changing blades because as one gets hot, I can switch to a room temp and use it while the first blade cools. I switch back and forth.

Reactions: Michigan Gal

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I talked to her about that, she said she keeps a check on the blades and uses a cooling spray if the blades start to get hot. Today she washed her with a hypoallergenic shampoo today and I had her cut a little longer. So far no problems. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts