Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He looks great! So streamlined and athletic. What prompted such a big change??
I did it around the same time last year. I just get tired of the blow drying after a while and grooming that look takes forever. When I feel like it's not any fun... I shave it. I don't ever want to feel like it's a chore. That's the good thing about poodles! Customizable maintenance level. 50% of people love it and the other half are horrified. I'm like 🤷‍♀️ it grows back! 😄

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like that. If it’s not fun, why invest all that time and energy? Thanks for continuing to be my grooming inspiration.
Exactly! I'll start to miss the fluff after a while and let it come back but it's nice to have a change. And I kind of adore this look too. I like to cycle between them all.

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
Misha looks great! Is he feeling cold at all? Mia's sporting the same look through the body - it's been too muddy to maintain her poms - and I noticed that she is snuggling closely at night.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I love it! I think he looks really great. Renn right now is over grown but once our cold spell passes I'm taking the clippers to him. HIs ear and top knot are long too. I took about 2 inches off his top knot the other day but its still too long. I'm so use to my boy being in a longer coat and a fluffy tail but I may try that on him. And yes these guys grow their hair so quickly, that if you don't care for it in 2 weeks you have another look. Great job!

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,475 Posts
I love it, imho the hair comes off if grooming is no longer fun

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Misha looks great! Is he feeling cold at all? Mia's sporting the same look through the body - it's been too muddy to maintain her poms - and I noticed that she is snuggling closely at night.
Thank you In! In Miami... no lol it's already getting too warm. He does get more snuggly but doesn't seem really cold. Just doesn't overheat as easily. He seemed cold the first two days after but I think it's just adjusting to it. After that he was fine.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love it! I think he looks really great. Renn right now is over grown but once our cold spell passes I'm taking the clippers to him. HIs ear and top knot are long too. I took about 2 inches off his top knot the other day but its still too long. I'm so use to my boy being in a longer coat and a fluffy tail but I may try that on him. And yes these guys grow their hair so quickly, that if you don't care for it in 2 weeks you have another look. Great job!
I'm sure Renn would look great! You can always leave the tk and tail and it looks good too. I did that a while ago and it was a cute look.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I love the retriever clip! Misha looks dashing and positively impish. Too cute.

One thing I am so jealous about the smaller poodles is how quickly the hair grows back to fancy clip levels. Misha always makes me want a mini.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love the retriever clip! Misha looks dashing and positively impish. Too cute.

One thing I am so jealous about the smaller poodles is how quickly the hair grows back to fancy clip levels. Misha always makes me want a mini.
That's true I've thought the same. He can regrow a full fluffy topknot in a few months. But his hair texture is too soft to hold the volume you can get with Annie.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.