Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had to stop for the day but when I’m finished I’ll rub out the shredded memory foam so it’s not lumpy and then where I sewed the neck close I’ll cover with two pieces of wide satin ribbon to tie in a bow and cover it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a creative use of a long sleeved shirt.
Thank you! I wanted a specific bed but no one carried it anymore. I always do little puppy themes. When I asked for her for Mother’s Day my hubs looked at me and said “ can’t I just get you Tiffany & co”. I’m not a gold person, so they’re my go to! I said no. I hunted for the bed but couldn’t find it, there’s another that doesn’t have sides but I didn’t want to pay it for a puppy bed, then I saw a diy from a sweatshirt and I thought it’d be super nice for a pup. I adjusted the way I did it for more of a square bolster. So I ordered the sweatshirt. Then the bottoms a pillow, the sides shredded memory foam. I used our older pillows and then wore the shirt for a bit. I thought it’d be a great way to bond, bc she’ll have our scent on this and mommy’s scent with her blanket they send home. Plus, the inside joke with my hubs and I made it fun! Spoiled already!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best part is everything’s completely washable! 😂Plus I don’t sew and this was so easy! I can hide my sewing, and feel crafty.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Very clever.

Tiffany blue is an amazing color for your little Coconut. I know they sell collars and leashes etc. could continue your theme.

Reactions: Mfmst and Dogs4Life

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Very clever.

Tiffany blue is an amazing color for your little Coconut. I know they sell collars and leashes etc. could continue your theme.
Yes she has a Tiffany blue bow collar, dog food mat, I did stainless bowls bc I have kids and ceramic would be a disaster! a blanket coming. I’ll post a pic closer to when she comes home of everything completed :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
It’s slowly coming together.....I’m doing a more complicated design so it’s squared versus round and hand stitching everything but so far I think it’s coming together really nicely! View attachment 467087
It’s slowly coming together.....I’m doing a more complicated design so it’s squared versus round and hand stitching everything but so far I think it’s coming together really nicely! View attachment 467087
Looking good :love: nice job!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It'll be a bit before I finish. I wasn't happy with the shredded memory foam, even kneading it for awhile still left it lumpy and so I'm removed some threads and am going to use a different pillow in the middle and I think probably poly-fil for the sides. I just felt like the center was too high and the sides just remained lumpy. I figured If I was going to switch the material now would be the time.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
That is beautiful, please post the finished product!

Reactions: Whoiscoconut

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just ordered everything this morning. So if everything comes on time I should be able to complete it around the 10th. Hopefully, maybe sooner. I'll definitely post the finished product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts