Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I try to access on my phone this week I get a "special winners club" for Rogers customers message when I open a thread. I signed in thinking it was fixed and it happened again.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had a similar thing happening to me about a week ago, but it was for being the “billionth google search” or something to that effect. The page would navigate away to that spam pop up page and made it impossible to view threads. I access the forum through chrome browser on my iPhone. I haven’t had any issues recently though.

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
Chrome has been crashing since day one on my phone. This was after its same model predecessor phone was replaced due to the Google Play store crashing since day one. I gave up and loaded Firefox.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
New thing in the past couple of days: Embedded fullscreen ads on mobile. This ad came up THREE times when I tried reading a short thread with only a dozen or so responses:

You have to scroll past it, and sometimes it even starts scrolling for me!

Do not like.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I am unable to access PF using my Mac laptop due to hijacking. This just started happening within the last week or so. I am not having this issue when using my phone. I am wondering if other members are having the same issue?

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
Yes, both my iPhone and iPad. When it happens I just avoid the from Poodle forum for awhile. It’s annoyin and they should fix their code so it doesn’t happen. I never have this problem with any other forum.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
4-4-20
4-4-20
4-4-20

4-4-20

4-9-20

4-9-20

Using my Surface 3 and my saved link, for the last few days, I am getting this when I select the link, a complete redirect to this

I deleted the saved link, reset my ad blockers, saved a new link to my preferred start page for PF and it was ok for a short time.
Just tonight, it started again. I took screenshots the other day but apparently hid them from myself somewhere in my files :(

Device: Surface 3
Browser: Edge
Search Engine: Google

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
The only problem I get is that adobe flash.. Even with malware bytes, it still happens, Not as often with the paid (used the trail) but with the free it starts again. It also only happens on poodle forum for me, and now boer forum but only since they moved to vertical scope platform. I wonder if there is a connection or if its just me, My computer was totally cleaned, no virus and no flash so I should not get updates, I even have those blocked but still it happens. Today so far is good, and it doesn't seem to be happening as bad as it was two weeks ago.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YES!!! it's so annoying. I posted in the Technical help forum last week here Issues on mobile - no response :( I'm having issues on Chrome on my phone and Edge on my laptop - Firefox still (almost always) works.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes on safari. I’ve been using tapatalk app on my iPad because safari on Mac desktop is unusable for this forum at this time

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I am using Safari on desktop, I never use mobile maybe sometimes to just view notifications. Yesterday I installed Antivirus Zap-Virus & Adware. It took a day to really work but I am no longer getting any pop ups and my computer is like 10x faster. So I am quite happy this morning.

·
Administrator
705 Posts
Hello

Sorry for the delayed response on a reply we have a bit of a backlog and we are looking into this.

We have recently made some updates to the spam controls and settings so the approval queues would catch a lot more potential Spammers.

Once those are resolved we will start working again on bugs and new features.

Jeff M

1 - 16 of 16 Posts