Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some clicker training today with both dogs, and while Fluffy and I were working together, he was nearly mute aside from a few grumps and snorts. Misty, my terrier, on the other hand...

I want her to learn to chill on a mat, so I'm trying to get her to go on it of her own free will. She tries a few of her tricks, then starts complaining:

Misty: AHH(*@#H(__HFE

Me: silence

Misty: AHHHPP#()HN)(F#[email protected]} goes to mat

Me: clicks

Misty: AHH)(@#NF)(#@P)W)(EHF!!!

She's, uh, quite the verbal thinker compared to Fluffy. Am I being oddly spoiled by a quiet dog, or do your Poodles think quietly as well?

·
Super Moderator
1,818 Posts
Galen is prone to air snapping. I'm beginning to think his snapping is actually a restrained bark, not a restrained bite. Sometimes he gives little huffs or growls, which escalate to demand barks when he gets frustrated.

·
Super Moderator
1,818 Posts
He sounds so much like Peggy. Is he exceptionally smart?
I think he is smarter than Pogo. Not sure about Snarky. I think Snarky was smarter than Pogo, but I'm not sure just how much smarter, as Snarky was a least effort kind of dog unless there was clear benefit to him.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nothing verbal, just body language. Basil's personality is starting to flourish at 7 months. We're practicing "touch" (her nose to my palm) in the evening around bed time. Basil will give me a deep sigh at the first request to "touch".

That's it so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts