Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two poodles have two different relationships with the TV. One, Shasta, doesn't notice it unless the other is barking and pointing out something is on (with the exception of horses.) My other, Sherlock, goes ape.

Sherlock sits in a chair and watches. He loves commercials because they tend to have animals - especially drug commercials; dogs apparently sell incontinent pills. He has the music and/or words memorized to those which have kitties or doggies and perks up out of a dead sleep to watch.

On rainy days, I know I can work some energy out of him by putting on one of his favorite shows. He loves the Air Bud movies and Kitten Party. But his favorites are nature shows with animals of prey. Lions, cheetahs, bears, wolves.... It is a little disturbing how he will grab a toy and shake it like he is part of the kill, but so far he hasn't repeated the behavior with my friend's cat or a Yorkie at the dog park.

Here are some links that have videos of him and his TV addiction:

My Dirty Secret | 2spoos

Tongue Out Tuesday – TV Tastes Better | 2spoos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Vk1xg63i4

Does your poodle ignore the TV? Does he/she just sit and watch? Or does your pup go bananas for Lassie? Grab you cell phone and give us a show.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loved your videos!

Tully occasionally watches TV. She was, however, very interested when we were watching a show on tight rope walking doggies. I think she wanted to try it out too!

Sherlock is so jealous of Tully's big screen. Although he might not be as tough with a bigger lion.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Rookie loves tv. Never had a dog who cares. No dogs allowed. A CARTOON dog can come on and he will bark. An elephant. A horse. Cat. Cow.

It can be annoying because I would like to watch a couple of shows with dogs, but it is not worth the effort.

I also have a cat who watches baseball, hockey and LOVES Finding Nemo.

Bizarre.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Oreo is oblivious to the tv. He also doesn't care about the dog in mirror.

Reactions: The Opera Poodle

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oreo is oblivious to the tv. He also doesn't care about the dog in mirror.

I wish I knew why some don't notice. Is it because they are smart enough to know it isn't real? I know both mine can see it - Shasta will react to some things. Shasta us the one who needs less stimulation intellectually and physical (although she demands almost constant emotional stimuli.)

Once again - I would give every dime I have to read my dogs mind.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Omg! I love your dogs. Your girl is quite possibly the poodliest poodle that ever poodled!

How tall is she at the shoulders? I love smaller standards :D

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Omg! I love your dogs. Your girl is quite possibly the poodliest poodle that ever poodled!

How tall is she at the shoulders? I love smaller standards :D

In my house the one that looks like a girl is a boy and the one that looks like a boy is a girl. We are following the new gender confusion fad ;)

Sherlock is 24 1/2" and 40 lbs. Shasta is 27" and 70 lbs. What he lacks in size he makes up in spirit.

ImageUploadedByPG Free1421976392.548260.jpg

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Haha you totally confused me! So they are both average to large sized! Shasta just looks so much bigger I though Sherlock was much smaller for a second!

They are beautiful

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha you totally confused me! So they are both average to large sized! Shasta just looks so much bigger I though Sherlock was much smaller for a second!

They are beautiful
It doesn't help that Sherlock is very dainty in his movements. I could say it is a poodle thing, but Shasta moves like a linebacker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts