Poodle Forum banner

Is this possible?

1072 8
Can a dog get high or act starnge from nail polish and/or the remover

I like to paint Ruby's nails and since she doesn't ever chew her nails and I cannot find a dog polish in Canada I have just been using the drug store type remover and polish. Which I thought woudl be fine since she doesn't chew her nails or her feet.

The first time I did it, she was fine, nothing strange...the 2nd time she needed to pee every few mins or so after we were done for about 3 hrs....the 3rd time, same thing but only for about an hr....yesterday no problems at all.

So I wonder if the smell is making her need to pee intensify?....yesterday I did them with the window open, the other times it was closed....

What is the difference between dog polish and remover compared to the human kind? I did find a bottle of dog polish, but the lable said it had never been tested on animals which I thought was strange since it was FOR animals lol, but it was almost $30 a bottle.

What do you guys use?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.