Poodle Forum banner

Is this ok in a pedagree?

1152 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  spoospirit
http://www.lumierestandardpoodles.com/ScarlettPedigree.html

I see that Scarlettes grandfather on both mother and fathers side is the same poodle...

Is this completely normal and ok when I see this?? I really like this ladys site and everything I have read on it..
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,686 Posts
I think Natalie is really nice. She started out like many do and she purchased her foundation bitch from a less than stellar breeder (Scarlet is very tightly line bred). Natalie got amazingly lucky and Scarlet turned out to be a very nice Poodle. She not only finished her Championship, she has gone on to be a top producer.

I think Natalie does a very good job. She did the right thing and bred back into black in order to gain type. This isn't the easiest thing for a breeder to do because you give up profit in the short term but you gain quality and a larger breeding pool in the long run. Her dogs are not inexpensive, but if I was looking for Apricot, she would be one of the first breeders I called.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.