Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I’m brand new to the forum. I hope you all are doing well. I’m getting a poodle puppy very soon! Currently she is 18 days old. I asked my breeder for an update and she was kind enough to send me a video of my baby girl! But...I noticed that she isn’t interacting with her siblings at all...nor is she moving around a lot. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

I’d post the video but I can’t figure out how.. 🧐

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hard to tell without seeing the video, but there could be good reasons. Possibly she was sleepy when the video was taken. Puppies sleep a lot.

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
I wouldn't worry in a single video. She might have been tired or having an off day. I would want to see more videos. I love watching videos as they grow, regardless of any other concerns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow those are tiny pups! They must be very young. I think that age is too young to tell much. But it's also very young to be pairing pups with owners. Puppies are very fragile when they are that age.
Yep! And mine is the smallest one in the litter. I agree that it’s too young to pair with owners... they’re only 18 days old...BUT giving the breeder the benefit of the doubt, I wanted a female red and the other two females she had were apricot so I think that’s why she paired me so soon? I’m just paranoid and don’t want a sick puppy...I’ve read a lot of horror stories.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! That makes me feel a little better. I’ll have a better assessment in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I’m getting her from a nice lady in Sacramento. It’s her first time breeding. Both mom and dad are AKC registered Standard Poodles.
Okay, awesome! Does she do health tests on them? The only reason I ask is because you said you were worried about getting a sick puppy. If no one has said it yet, WE LOVE PICTURES!!

Here is a few of my Sisko
20200430_151200.jpg

He was rapped up in some blankets.
20200430_193947.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, awesome! Does she do health tests on them? The only reason I ask is because you said you were worried about getting a sick puppy. If no one has said it yet, WE LOVE PICTURES!!

Here is a few of my Sisko View attachment 466387
He was rapped up in some blankets. View attachment 466388
Awwwww! Sisko is a cutie!!!

Yes, both parents have been health tested before she decided to breed. So that’s reassuring.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I really like Luna...but I also like Kahlua. I still have some time to make my mind up.
I really like those names!!

We had thought of Kahlua as a name for Sisko, but we came up with so many names for him before deciding on Sisko😆

Please keep us updated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really like those names!!

We had thought of Kahlua as a name for Sisko, but we came up with so many names for him before deciding on Sisko😆

Please keep us updated!
Thanks!!! I think you made the right choice! He definitely looks like a Sisko 🤗

I will keep you posted with what I decide!

·
Registered
75 Posts
She is very cute but considerably smaller and thinner than the other puppies. Sometimes the smaller pups will be pushed off the teat by bigger puppies. As a first timer, her breeder may not have noticed. She may need the breeder to put her on the teat several times a day and keep the bigger puppies from pushing her off until she has had her fill. Do you know if the breeder is weighing the pups? I used to weigh twice a day for the first 4 weeks to be sure they were getting enough. I would switch to once a day after that. Easy to notice if a pup was not growing steadily.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts