Discussion Starter #1
I went to the bank today to cash a check and the teller and I struck
up a conversation about poodles, she told me she heard that AKC
was now accepting YORKIPOOS, WTF?! Is this crap true or just
a load of crap? Good God if this is true..... :faint:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
No, it isn't true. The continetal kennel club registers them though I think. I know they do cocka-poos and doodles anyway.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Even at that....they are only allowed in limited events. Not conformation.
lol...I didn't even realize she said continental kenn club. I certainly don't know what I thought I read. I know that AKC does except new breeds occassionally but its usually for limited events at first. I can't imagine doodles or yorki-poo's ?? ever being registered.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i know the english kennel club dont accept them,
i had a lady come in my shop with a cockerpoo today looked like a tibten terrier was so shaggy

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
LoL, jenn you're funny

Actualy the CKC in question (contiental kennel club) DOES host shows and performance events. They are few and far between as I understand it though. Since Jazz is CKC registerd (yay lucky me.. opps was that sarcasim??) I get their "magazine" and it does list shows in it.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
yeah this is not true they need to have a parent club. Then AKC will consider putting them in the FSS registry if the breed proves healthy and has been developed for a long time etc...

As you can see here http://www.akc.org/breeds/fss_breeds.cfm

there are no mixed breeds listed only PUREBREDS lol

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
LoL, jenn you're funny
Actualy the CKC in question (contiental kennel club) DOES host shows and performance events. They are few and far between as I understand it though. Since Jazz is CKC registerd (yay lucky me.. opps was that sarcasim??) I get their "magazine" and it does list shows in it.
Im serious though. lol

Lately Ive been reading over things, thinking it said this or that and it didn't. I just did this yesterday on a email to a Amstaff friend of ours. Im talking about a certain dog and he comes back like, not that dog ... I said this dog!!

Im a mess!! lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah this is not true they need to have a parent club. Then AKC will consider putting them in the FSS registry if the breed proves healthy and has been developed for a long time etc...

As you can see here http://www.akc.org/breeds/fss_breeds.cfm

there are no mixed breeds listed only PUREBREDS lol
The AKC would probably be the last club to ever open the books for mixes....it can take decades and massive effort to get even purebred breeds recognized.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts