Does anyone else have a toy that does this? Scooter will
grab one piece of kibble out of his bowl and then go all
the way across the house to eat the one pebble and go
back to the bowl and repeat. I noticed a friends black toy
poo Lexi also does this. LOL.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
mercymoon, We have 2 toy pooddles and they both do this. Sometimes with 1 pc. of kibble, but sometimes they will carry a whole mouth full of kibble across the room or up onto a bed or chair or sofa and eat it there, then repeat the whole process over again. We use to own a small terrier that did the same thing. Any of our larger breeds have never done this. We have 2 standard poodles and neither one of them do this. Maybe its a small breed thing, figuring this is ALL mine, I'm gonna' have this all to myself, how and where I want to eat it, so there........

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes-our toy always did that and while he was away from his bowl, our Eskimo would come over and proceed to clean it out-then he would come back and growl at her-but he always made a mess with his food. Our GSD will clean up any morsels that happen to drop onto the floor while she is eating-so much neater!

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Millie (toy) does this, too!

But her VERY favorite is when Jake (my large mixed breed) takes a mouthfull of food, gets it nice and slobber-y, and then spits it out all over the kitchen floor for Millie to eat!!! She loves "moistened" food!

Secretly, I think Jake is outsmarting her! They both eat out of the same bowl and this "trick" allows him to eat there by himself. Cause Millie is very busy taking one slobbered piece at a time to another spot to eat!

Of course this would also explain why Jake has a little more body fat than Millie does. SHE is always exercising while eating!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dexter (my toy) does this too! He takes about 3 pieces...carries them away and eats them one at a time then goes back for more! I actually have him at my office today and he's doing it with his lunch as I'm typing this! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
My maltese who is six pounds does it a lot.

My previous min poo did it too (maybe he had some toy in him)

My current min poo doesn't. She is a chow hound who eats quick and at the bowl.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
LOL... that is kinda funny! Mine does the funniest thing with treats... she'll take what ever you offer as a treat and just carry it around... she doesn't eat it right away... she'll walk with it through the house and eventually just leave it somewhere and go back to it later when she feels like having a snack :stupid:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
My tibbies do this sometimes, usually they take a whole mouthful though and run through the kitchen and intot he living room to eat it on the carpet. The spoos just sort of inhale and magicly their bowl is empty lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
LOL. I had a chihuahua years ago, Tia would graba mouthfull of food, take it and drop it in teh middle of the kitchen floor, go back for more and repeat. When she thought she had enough in her pile she woudl run crcles around it, stop grab a peice, run more cirlces, stop grab a piece etc etc etc until her pile was gone lol. OMG she made me laugh lol.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My toy poodle used to do this all the time when I first got him and it made me laugh. One kibble at a time, from his bowl to his "favorite eating spot", eat it, then back again. He never took more that one though so it took him quite a while to finish one small bowl of kibble...lol. But after the St. poodles came in to live, he stays at his dish to finish his up, guess he thinks that if he leaves it someone else may eat it on him (although no dog is allowed into another dogs dish, even if the other dog does not finish theirs).

·
Registered
546 Posts
Does anyone else have a toy that does this? Scooter will
grab one piece of kibble out of his bowl and then go all
the way across the house to eat the one pebble and go
back to the bowl and repeat. I noticed a friends black toy
poo Lexi also does this. LOL.

HILARIOUS! My Snoops is a tiny toy... and yes! he does this. I've always wondered what is up with this? It's adorable to watch and he seems to enjoy himself... :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes again here too...I thought it was because the tile was cold in my kitchen floor, so I moved a rug under his bowls. Doesn't matter he still takes one piece and drops it on the living room floor and nibbles on it. The only annoying thing is when he forgets to eat it and I step on it. :mmph:

·
Registered
912 Posts
This all sounds way too cute and is making me want a toy even more, not that it's taking me much at all these days :rofl:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well,..it is comforting to know that Gi Gi is not going insane...she prefers one kibble at a time on the entry way rug...her 'thing' I guess :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts