Poodle Forum banner

Is there such thing a movement disorder?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Pamela 
#1 ·
Can a dog have a movement disorder. No matter how Teddy tries to stay still - he can't help moving - I noticed that his head is always moving - back and forth - even if I am petting his ears kind of holding his head - it still moves in jerks - just wondering what else is wrong with him lol -

I try all the things Cesar says to do including the "bite" with the hand - doesnt phase him - the only two commands he has down is "sit" and "come" which is good but he paces back and forth - I have even been taking them for walks in the woods where they can run and play and he has a ball but tht energy! I wonder if the theopholine makes him like that - I will have to ask the vet. any thoughts?

#4 ·
wow! I didn't know it was a stimulant. he is on it for his airways. Poor Ted - and i was blaming him! He's on 1000 mg extended release twice a day - but I usually foroget to give him his night dose. Maybe that's why he sleeps good. Next time he goes I will ask the vet to reevaluate him but he really seems to think he needs this. He coughs and hacks a lot but he sure has a good appetite! he tries to eat everyone else's food!

#6 ·
Poor Teddy I hope he gets to feeling better, My daughter was on the same medication as a baby for sleep apnea and it made her completely restless and she would wiggle around all the time almost like she was itchy all over, they gradually took her off of it and she is much better now. That medicine makes your heart race also. So I would definately talk to the vet and have him reevaluated.

#7 ·
He has been on it so long I wonder if we could wean him off. He really is much better (it seems to me) but the vet is not satisfied with his breathing when he examines him. he is very restless - not all the time but in the evening - he paces until he can find a good spot to lie down and then is up again lol I think I will take him and ginger for a run in the woods while I still can! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.