Discussion Starter #1
Mine stopped working and Google play no longer has it.. testing attachments too

Attachments

·
Administrator
708 Posts
Hmm,

What device are you on?
Are you on the most up to date version of your OS and APP?

Ed

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Android 8.0.0
I uninstalled Pet guide, only to find there no longer an app through google play

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
There may be an outside chance if the app is listed in you app history

From the home screen, choose Apps and then choose Play Store.

Choose Menu.

Choose My apps.

Choose All. (may be Library or History...)
All the apps you have downloaded before but aren’t on your device anymore will be here with a cross next to them.

To re-install, choose the app.

Choose Install.

I'm guessing this might work if the app files are still in your phones memory (kind of like restoring from a recycle bin) but I haven't had reason to test this. Do you have "back up my data" turned on in settings?

I can do also install an app from an outside source on my windows phone if I can get hold of an appx file (the mobile equivalent of .exe files for windows) but it can be risky if the source isn't known to you. Android uses apk files. Do you have the app installed on any other device? Or a friend who does? This route is safer if you can get a copy of the apk from a trusted source.

I went to Petguide.com and found the Contact Us page

https://www.petguide.com/contact-us/

Maybe the developer can explain what's going on with app. That's a lot of forums to leave stranded :(

Ok, I have an android phone that I keep just for apps that windows doesn't have. I found an apk for Petguide and have downloaded it, just to see what happens :) I'll update as I learn.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I have the app downloaded from the apk I found. Avast finds no threats so far and my phone hasn't done anything else silly yet.

I don't know what the original looked like. Did it have some red poo pups at the top? It otherwise looks pretty normal.

The problem I am having is that I can't sign in, keeps telling my my username or password is invalid.

I'm going to play with it a bit longer, just to satisfy my curiosity.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Finally got logged in on the app. It is chockablock with ads. I don't know if that's normal for the store app. Also the phone is still working.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Annnd can't log in again. Comments from a few others described same problem with the apk.

Best bet is the developer or an apk from someone you know who has the app installed. I'm going to try to learn how to do that, just for fun :)

·
Super Moderator
91 Posts
you can go to your app library and looked for it in the uninstalled section.
it should still be there if you didn't remove it.

Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts