Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riley does not like fruits/vegetables (unless they are pealed pieces of apple), but those are not his true hate. Riley will Not eat any kind of potato! Not french fries, not chips, not hashbrowns, nothing. Yes, i share one fry in the car with my dog, or a chip from my plate, but he wont take them. Wont even take them in his mouth. Silly dog.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
3 of my 4 dogs don't really care for apples - Olie likes them, go figure:).

It's funny to give them a taste and they turn their noses up lol.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Tate doesn't like bananas... however, if someone else is going to take his banana and possibly eat it? He'll eat it.

But he does that unhappy chew where he takes a chew of it, then drops it out of his mouth and looks at it and licks to get the taste off of his tongue... then repeats until it is gone.

Yes, I live with a goober.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Tate doesn't like bananas... however, if someone else is going to take his banana and possibly eat it? He'll eat it.

But he does that unhappy chew where he takes a chew of it, then drops it out of his mouth and looks at it and licks to get the taste off of his tongue... then repeats until it is gone.

Yes, I live with a goober.
:pound: :lol: FUNNY! All of my dogs LOVE bananas!! I only eat bananas if they are barely ripe - if they even get totally yellow (no more green on them) they're too ripe for me and I'll feed them to the dogs - they will sit in a row and wait for me to break a small piece of banana off and they each get their turn. I can almost see them counting to make sure one of the other girls doesn't get one extra bite! :)

I can't think of a food that they won't even try, but I don't give them anything that would be bad for them (candy or fried foods for example...)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've never had a dog that would touch celery. Neither Beau or Belle care for carrots. Belle likes apples & clementines. Beau looks the other way. Both of my dogs love bell pepper--green, red, or yellow. I think they'd eat the whole thing, if I would give it to them. They plant themselves firmly by my side when I am cutting up peppers, hoping a slice will fall to earth.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
My dogs have had a few different types of kibble before we settled on one that was right for them. They ate all of them without any problems. Taffy will eat everything and anything but Billy is more discerning in his tastes. He will refuse certain types of dog treats like dog biscuits and he doesn't like french fries either. I seldom offer something like that to them but the few times I did he just turned his head away as if he were insulted that I would think he would eat such a lowly food! LOL

·
Registered
752 Posts
Liberty eats anything, even jalapenos (she grabbed one off the floor once before I could pick it up) and she still begged for more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts