Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Jolly Ball really worth it? Sisko needs more toys, and I was wondering if I should get him a Jolly Ball. He finally destroyed his last puppy toy馃槩 I'm not sure if Sisko would like it because he isn't crazy about balls and rope toys are his favorite.

I think I'm going to start a new thread for toys too.

Premium Member
We have several Jolly Balls, including one that is really the right size for a horse. It is Peeves super fav toy for outside. It is loaded with tooth marks, but has lasted for many years with our 100 pound power chewer. Lily has one too. Javelin isn't into toys and doesn't play fetch so not right for him. In large measure it depends on the dog.

Reactions: Liz and Fenris-wolf

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We have several Jolly Balls, including one that is really the right size for a horse. It is Peeves super fav toy for outside. It is loaded with tooth marks, but has lasted for many years with our 100 pound power chewer. Lily has one too. Javelin isn't into toys and doesn't play fetch so not right for him. In large measure it depends on the dog.
Yeah, I don't think he would like the Jolly Ball very much, but I think Sisko would like this one Romp-n-Roll I hope he doesn't learn to hit people with it.

Super Moderator
I got the horse sized Jolly ball for my Quarter Horse. He wasn't much interested, so I gave it to the barn dogs. The little terrier loved it, even though it was as big as she was. She would grab the ball by the handle and fling it around like she was breaking a rodent's back. The bigger dogs mostly just wanted to chew the handle off. My guys had no interest in it, apart from its value as something they could taunt the terrier with.

Registered
My Giant was a menace with those romp n roll types. Clocked herself in the head with it. Nearly clocked the other dogs. And I had a few bruises. It was fun to watch her romp with it but yeesh

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Registered
My GSD loves her jolly ball, she has no interest in chewing unlike Phoebe who loves to chew and destroyed one already. Ella would play fetch and tug with it for hours if I let her. Both dogs however know that it is an outside toy and will leave it at the door after playtime.

Registered
I have a small basketball type ball that my SPOO thinks is awesome. We volley that thing back & forth between us until we moved into really hilly country

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
My Giant was a menace with those romp n roll types. Clocked herself in the head with it. Nearly clocked the other dogs. And I had a few bruises. It was fun to watch her romp with it but yeesh

LOL Sisko already clocks himself in the head with his long rope toy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Peggy's in love with her Jolly Ball. She first "met" one in our trainer's yard after puppy class, and I knew right then I would get her one for her first birthday.

She had the handle chewed off within a few days, but she sticks her lower jaw in a hole she made and uses that as a handle. Lol.

View attachment 470007

View attachment 470008
She thought that her handles were better馃槅

Registered
I've got the tug-n-toss and the egg and my spoo loves them. They're backyard only toys because I don't feel like them accidentally shattering a fish tank, window, or anything breakable. She likes to play fetch with them or will amuse herself chasing after them lol.

Super Moderator
I've got the tug-n-toss and the egg and my spoo loves them. They're backyard only toys because I don't feel like them accidentally shattering a fish tank, window, or anything breakable. She likes to play fetch with them or will amuse herself chasing after them lol.
I'd never heard of the Jolly Egg. It looks fun! Does it have some give to it (like the Jolly Ball) or is it hard plastic?

Registered
I'd never heard of the Jolly Egg. It looks fun! Does it have some give to it (like the Jolly Ball) or is it hard plastic?
It鈥檚 hard plastic but she can鈥檛 get her mouth around it. It鈥檚 massive (12inches) but she likes to knock it around the yard and chase it but it changes direction randomly so it tires her out pr锚tty good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts