Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roo had her first introuction to our groomer yesterday...It actually went pretty well for a pup who has no experience with the noose, table ro clippers etc etc, I was pretty impressed. Groomer said that she grroms a few poodles and has never had a problem, its almost like they know that if they want to be beatiful they know what must be done to make them so. lol.

At any rate, the groom isn't perfect, we only did what she would tolerate so as not to stress her out. She let Allison do way more than we both thought she would, still needs some touch ups and her feet backshaved they were only done the one way yesterday. She will be completed and touched up in about 10 days or so. But if something needs to be done differently please let me know also.

One of the people I daycare for said "you runined her" ....I admit it hurt my feelings but you know not everyone is a little dog person. I also admit that she doesn't look like the same dog, had the groom not been done in my house and had I not been there for the entire thing I wouldn't have guessed that she would look as different as she does. It took me a bit to get used to the new look but she is still Ruby roo and still sweet as can be and she is still.....well perfect. She looked like a walking, running puff ball before. Her face is so sweet now that I can see her eyes lol.

Anyway here are some pics of her before and after and 1 of my daughter sleeping with her arm around her little buddy. It's really great that Roo has bonded to both of us. Quincy (my crested) is really a mama's boy and doesn't hate Jilly but also doesn't pay that much attention to her, he has been here since she was 2 so he probably remembers that toddler that used to take his toys and try to eat his food etc etc lol.

Roo before her groom.

Roo after her groom (profile)

I love her eyes they are so expressive.

Quincy and Roo snuggling, almost. Quincy HATES puppies but he really is quite smitten with his new baby sister.

Thats all thanks for looking. With Princess Ruby Roo, it feels like our family is now completed. I can't have any more human children, so with the 3 pets, it's done. All 3 pets (2 dogs and a grey parrot) mesh together very well, all is well in my little world lol.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
She is not ruined at all, on the contrary, she is absolutely gorgeous. The person who made that comment just doesn't understand what a poodle should look like! You can really see her gorgeous face and her silver that's coming out. I prefer the clean face and shave my poos' faces every 2 to 3 weeks. When Romeo (my cream standard) was a young puppy, his face was all grown in and he looked like a teddy bear. Everyone asked me if he was a doodle and I got so sick of it that I had his face shaved. What I discovered was a gorgeous dog under all that hair. He never had a grown in look since.

Your little girl is a doll, so just enjoy her in her new hair cut.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree that she totally is not ruined.

The groomer did a proper puppy clip.

Close face, feet, tail.

That is the poodle deal.

They do look cute as their hair grows too long. Teddy bear-ish.

I prefer the newly groomed look though since it is more practical (no food sticking on the face hair, no messy feet from being outside, no poop sticking to the bottom.

You will get the teddy bear look regularly if you don't constantly groom so enjoy the stunning poodle look while you have it!

I have a daycare too and two dogs (a maltese and poodle). I have to keep the dogs seperate from the clients per my business insurance. The kids get to talk to my dogs from across a gate.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I also think she is adorable in her new clip. I like seeing their face and eyes. She was cute the other way too, but a lot cuter now, I think. We had a litter of toy poodle pups last year and I started clipping their fuzzy little faces and feet when they were about 3 wks old.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't know why people say things like that. It always amazes me. It's like they have no filter or something! Besides how can you 'ruin' a dog with a hair cut? Hair grows back!

She's the same lovely little dog and in the eyes of some (including me, by the way), she's even more lovely after her clip. And the only person's opinion who counts in that regard is yours!

I'm sorry you were hurt by an insensitive remark. We don't all have the same idea of beauty - or anything else, for that matter. As my daughter loves to remind me when we don't appreciate someone's point of view, it takes all kinds of fruit to make fruit salad :wink:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh my goodness! She is beautiful! Whoever says otherwise just doesn't know what they are talking about.
I got the same thing when I had Baxter groomed for the first time. Oh well.

Who cares what they say! She is a doll!!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think she looks adorable. Maybe the person was used to seeing malti-poos and such left fluffy but it looks to be a proper puppy clip!

She looks so huggable!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Oh I totally love her with her new cut. i agree with everyone else - you can see her pretty petite face now! I also love your Crestie. I have cresties too. I have pics posted in the other pets section. Aren't they the funniest little breed? Yours looks like a true hairless? Mine is a hairy hairless.
I think your little family looks like they love each other - too sweet!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I personally like the fuzzy face look, but I think Roo look adorable in her new cut! I think it's important to get them used to grooming or you will have a dog that no groomer will touch.

I don't why people think it's okay to make those kind of comments. It's really rude. I have a male Maltese and a Rottweiler, so I have a thick skin. My little Malt get called sissy and all kinds of things. I won't even go into the ignorant people who have issues with Rottweilers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts