Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could shed some light as to if my big girl Keira is a blue or a black?(her sire is a Silver and her Dam is white), She was sold to me as a blue.

Some pic's of her at 4months

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Hey you!
You already know that I think she is blue, and ya know that last pic does make her face look BLUE, though it's not that obvious by just looking at her is it?

She's only lil, she'll be blue, I'm sure ;)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
She is not going to be jet-black - that is for sure : ))))) !!!! She is very young so by age 3 she might even be silverish. But , as FUZBUTS said - she is very pretty : ) and color will not change that ; ) !

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
She definitely looks blue to me, she has the tinge to her
this is Caoimhe (pronounced keifer) who I think is Keira's aunt (Father's Side)
She is a blue, and is blueing up as she grows older

Caiomhe was that colour when she was young, and by looking at the photo's date, in the pictures, Caiomhe was 9 months
She also has a bit of silver at the end of her muzzle.
Also if you want to see, this is another aunt of your puppy
http://www.silver-standardpoodles.com/silver/sabra1.jpg
and
http://www.silver-standardpoodles.com/silver/sabra.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe to cute, She looks just like those! Woohoo!

She is getting her first clip on Sat, gonna take about half the length off as she is getting far to hot with such a long coat and she finds it so difficult to cool down especially as she has ants in her fur and can't sit still for more then a few minutes until she has to run off bouncing around the big tree in our garden again!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Totally a blue. I think she will probably even be one of the lighter blues when she clears. It take up to 3 yrs though so be patient.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I LOVE the blues! YAY

This is her without her face shaved right down. If you look at her know, her face is BLACK but has some white flecking starting to apear.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
She looks like it in the last picture but in another black. Hard to tell at this age still has puppy coat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts