Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a little 8 week old poodle puppy a few days ago. She is currently 2.3lbs and about 5" at the shoulder. The breeder says toy/mini and my eye balling the mama dog she was around 10" at the shoulder. Dad was a stud, silver and smaller then Mama. The pup is happy healthy friendly and well socialized and we love her to pieces. Toy and mini owners, how big was your pup at 8 weeks old?

·
Premium Member
23,228 Posts
The only thing that matters is the bred size. If both parents are toys then your pup is a toy. If both parents are minis then the pup is a mini. If the parents are one toy and one mini then pup is an intervariety cross. Toys may go oversize and minis may finish undersize, but they are still what they were bred as.

Cute pup!

Reactions: Dechi and Dogs4Life

·
Registered
507 Posts
Are the parents AKC registered? What size are they registered as? Ask your breeder about getting your registration papers.
My girl is registered as a mini. At 8 weeks old she was 2 lb 12 oz (1.25 kg). Not sure how tall she was.
Currently at 10 months old she is 8 lb 10 oz (3.9 kg) and 13” tall (33 cm). The breeder thought she’d weigh 10-12 lb fully grown. I’m not sure if she will get any taller than she currently is.
Do you have a name for your little sweet puppy?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Gracie, a miniature, was 3.3 lbs at 8 weeks. She is 17 months now and 15 lbs and last measured 13 inches at the withers (shoulders).

Reactions: Clover_Mama

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
My two are also intervariety, toy dad (slightly oversize) and mini mom (small).
At 8w 4d Neo was 2.8lbs and Remo was 2.3lbs. Getting their shoulder height was nigh impossible for months lol.
By about 6m Neo was a bit over 11lbs and Remo a bit over 9lbs.
They are now 3y. Neo is around 14" and about 14" at the shoulder. Remo is about 12.5lbs and about 13".
They both outgrew their parents so just to simplify descriptions we call them miniatures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts