Poodle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that if I have been away for a little while, when I return Ginger greets me excited etc but she mouths my arm - almost like she going to suck on it or something h aha - Anyway I have heard different opinions about this. Some say she is "owning" me and not recognizing me as pack leader, others say she is loving me - dunno - need to know what to do. Right now I say 'no bite' (cause no mouth sounds silly lol) and close her mouth with my hands. What to you all think about this?

Also, I can't get to all the little moving icons. Anyone else have that problem? I have only two rows and I can see there are more but can't get there even by maximizing my window.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Leia, that's good. I didn't really think it was dominance either but someone told me it was so...I just softly close her mouth. She jsut loves me so much and I got her so young it really could be like a pup to a mom - Teddy doesn't do that to me but they do it to each other when playing and he isn't dominant at all. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think she missed a lot her mom could have taught her. She was only 6 weeks old two days after we brought her home. She wasn't in the house with the humans either lol - she was out in the barn in a fenced in area with the mother and her littermates. I really wish I could have afforded to buy two pups - our minis Gabie and Cassie were littermates and they are so close and so social. But the social part I think was that they were raised in the house with all the pups and the woman and her son and visitors etc.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I have heard that about littermates. I think the reason these guys are ok is that they were raised with so many puppies and dogs in the house. She had eight adult minis and at the time I think 3 litters of pups or maybe two. so there was a lot going on. they have very distinct personalties, are very close, but not dependent. So it worked out well. Knowing my luck Ginger's littermate and her would have been like the cases you described lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.