Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.redpoodlepups.com/pictures/Higgins & Bijou.jpg

I love this color, is it a faded red, or an apricot? I love the darker looking apricots... could I go with a lighter red and expect it to fade? Though when it comes down to it I really just want a good puppy that fits in our family, but I am getting interested in learning about the different colors.

ALso- Is it true color affects temperament??? My fav colors are Brown red and apricot....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have had all the colors and have not found that color affects temperment. Breeding for a calm temperment is key.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Absolutely not! However, the problem comes when a breeder lets color be the single greatest deciding factor in whether or not a Poodle is a breeding quality dog.
IA if you see a breeder that is more concern with color I would never buy from them.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
http://www.redpoodlepups.com/pictures/Higgins & Bijou.jpg

I love this color, is it a faded red, or an apricot? I love the darker looking apricots... could I go with a lighter red and expect it to fade? Though when it comes down to it I really just want a good puppy that fits in our family, but I am getting interested in learning about the different colors.

ALso- Is it true color affects temperament??? My fav colors are Brown red and apricot....
These are definately apricots. For what it is worth , They very well may have started out being a Red/Apricot. Which is the term that was used before AKC recognized the color. My apricot is more even in color than this . I do think that this dog started out being a red.
Look at the pedigree and see what is behind the red apricot or brown that you are interested in. Pedigree will tell . If there are alot of whites silvers and or creams behind your colored poodles the chances are better that you will get some fading. As the reds and the browns are both fading colors , it is difficult to find reds and browns that hold and do not fade. There is the challenge :) There are lines out there...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gotcha. That makes sense, about the breeders that are more concerned with breeding for color. Sorry I haven't figured out how to do the quote thingy yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When they are right next to eachother I can tell the apricot from the red... I just wasn't sure about the FADING factor. If it was possible a faded red, or an apricot. But now I see, even if it is a faded red, then it would be called an apricot? Once it has faded that far? I love the apricots when there ears are slightly darker!! So sweet. Then again, I'm begining to like ALL the colors. So many choices with Standard poodles!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Thanks for the compliment She is an athlete. She is the one in my album that is leaping the fence. We call her BUG ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts