Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie my Standard female is a year old in a few weeks time. Is it right for her skull to have a ridge front to back instead of being dome shaped?

Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It feels really wierd, i don't remember my mum's 2 minatures having that but then being so small probably wasn't so pronounced.
Would you happen to know how tall female standards tend to grow and when they stop growing. i have looked this up but keep getting different answers.

cheers

·
Registered
843 Posts
The head has a V-like indentation,widest part being close to the eyes...is that what you mean?
Females are usually anywhere from 20-25 inches at the withers.
They grow till 18-24 month.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Well its kind of hard to understand what you mean?

Each poodle is different just like humans. Poodles do have a breed standard just like any other purebred dog but they way your dog head is depends on how she was bred. If she came from a breeder who follows the breed standard then her head should reflect what the standard states.

BYB breeders usually do not follow a standard and this is where differences of the same breed occur.

This also happens with working varieties of the same breed. These breeders are not breeding for looks usually. They want to breed a great working dog.

ex

show irish setter

working irish setter

you can clearly see a difference, same breed but different types.

I would not worry about it too much if your pooch is just your be loved pet as long as you love him thats all that matters :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts