Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here. I've read some threads regarding blue poodles and I'm so eager to know my toy poodle's color as it is still unclear for me to know what color he'll become. So here's Bon Bon, he is 4 months old. It is written on his certificate that he is grey and his ancestors are mostly grey as well (there're a red, an apricot, and a black too). His coat is mostly brownish black, but I could see some strands of light brown and silver. It would be nice if you guys would share your opinion or guess what color he could possibly be. Thank you!

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
It’s hard to tell. You should shave his face, it might help determine his color. There are no « grey poodles ». There are blue poodles and silver poodles. I doubt your guy is silver. Does he have little bits of white under his paws ?

Do you have pictures of his parents ?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
It's a little hard to tell with these photos.

My boy comes from a line of blues and silvers. He was very late to develop the grey hair between the toes which people say is an indication of blue. At 4 months his hair had reddish brown undertones. He had also started to develop mouse grey hair patches around his whiskers and circling his eyes.

Here he is being goofy at 4 months.

And here is his face next to my elderly black and cream parti-phantom at 4 months

This is a picture of his foot at five months. I have seen similar amounts of light hair on black dogs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s hard to tell. You should shave his face, it might help determine his color. There are no « grey poodles ». There are blue poodles and silver poodles. I doubt your guy is silver. Does he have little bits of white under his paws ?

Thank you for replying. Nope, I don’t have the picture of his parents and I haven’t seen them too. But I was told that he has a silver bloodline. As for his paws, I could only see a few white hair (probably only 2 or 3 strands are visible)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a little hard to tell with these photos.

My boy comes from a line of blues and silvers. He was very late to develop the grey hair between the toes which people say is an indication of blue. At 4 months his hair had reddish brown undertones. He had also started to develop mouse grey hair patches around his whiskers and circling his eyes.

Here he is being goofy at 4 months.
View attachment 469744

And here is his face next to my elderly black and cream parti-phantom at 4 months
View attachment 469745

This is a picture of his foot at five months. I have seen similar amounts of light hair on black dogs.
View attachment 469743
Your boys are adorable! Wow, he has so many colors... It’s amazing... Do you think it’s possible for him to grow different colors at each part? (like whiteish paws, brownish body, and so on) Or will his coat change into one color?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
My boy's hair color is changing at different rates on different parts of his body. Along with the grey patches around his eyes and whiskers, he is also getting silvery white streaks under his ear flaps. (I can't get good pictures of those; he won't hold still long enough.) Meanwhile, his tail is still inky black.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Yay, I finally got an ear picture. The area I circled is a long lock of grey hair under his ear flap.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Olive has white under her paws!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. I've read some threads regarding blue poodles and I'm so eager to know my toy poodle's color as it is still unclear for me to know what color he'll become. So here's Bon Bon, he is 4 months old. It is written on his certificate that he is grey and his ancestors are mostly grey as well (there're a red, an apricot, and a black too). His coat is mostly brownish black, but I could see some strands of light brown and silver. It would be nice if you guys would share your opinion or guess what color he could possibly be. Thank you! View attachment 469738 View attachment 469739 View attachment 469740 View attachment 469741
Does he have a docked tail?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts