Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I heard one of the acttresses interviewed the other day and she mentioned there was a standard poodle in it. Is it worth watching just for the poodle-ness? ;)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
IMO it's worth watching because it's HILARIOUS! The standard is just a bonus. :) It definitely is a quirky movie, and I may have found it funnier because I know the conformation world, but it's one of my all time favourite movies.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I started it once, b/c it looked funny, but it may be one of those things like how I find OfficeSpace and Clerks uproariously funny since at one point or another of my life I lived in those worlds, this was not so. LOL.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I loove love love Best in Show. I love all of Christopher Guest's movies. He's so brilliant and hilarious.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I thought it was quite boring to be honest. And I don't think I'll watch it again. But I've found the best way to see if it's worth it is to watch it yourself. ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
It is a movie you definately have to pay attention to, not have it on while doing something else as you will miss too much and then not be able to truly appreciate it. For each character in that movie, I know at least 3 people who are just like them. Very funny if you are in to the kind of quirky humor it has. Yes, if you like The Office, you will like this movie. Similar in style. I liked it even before I knew anything about REALLY showing dogs....by that, I mean before I was in the trenches and just a casual fan of the dog shows on TV. That certain cast of actors create great movies for fans of that style.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Just want to add - do not watch with kids under 15 or even older , I would say :rolffleyes: Watched it once . Some parts were funny and yes, definitely very close to what is really going on in the show-ring :doh:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I Looove the Office. Though the movie I was referring to was Office Space. Also funny.

Thanks for the warning, too. Our kids don't watch TV/movies, but I appreciate the thoughtfulness. Looks like we'll be adding this to the netflix queue. I wonder if Bella will take notice? LOL.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Totally worth it! Especially if you show dogs - there are so many people in there that remind you of someone you have shown with (or against!!) and some folks that you might even know in the background :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts