Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Megan, and im addicted to collars.

Seriously!! I dont even want to count how many collars/leashes i have! I am much more controlled on my leashes as i have my leather favorites that are broken in. I have been much better lately on my collar buying as i have one for every situation i would want, and im trying to save money. I love them all though!! I have more collar sites on my favorites then anything else.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
(Raises hand!) Bailey, my malt, has several and he doesn't even have one on at the moment! (just got a bath) My female cats have a few and I'm already looking for new ones. Booger, the male cat, has discovered the drawer with all the extra collars and has the strewn all over the house. I guess I should count them while I put them away!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
you are definitely not alone... I have at least 10 just for Ponki alone... I probably have one of each color!
And this weekend I almost bought another, very cute little purple colored one with polkadots from the AKC collection.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
For me it is Woof Wear.

Sabrina has a pink leather collar with sterling silver hearts.
Izze has a baby blue leather color with Swarvoski crystals.

When Delilah finishes her Championship, I'm going to get her a green suede color or maybe the black one with turquoise and silver.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im glad im not alone. Here is Riley modeling some of our favorites.

This one is a leather collar that a poodle friend in Italy made for Riley. Its my favorite for obvious reasons, plus it is super strong which i feel safe with for walks.

This isnt the best picture, but its a blue/terquoise (sp?) braided kangaroo leather collar with colored beads and "Riley" in beads that i LOVE!

This is another favorite from ruffwear. Great strong, soft, handsome collar. But my Favorite thing about it is the seperate rubber tag holder, so no gingling tags! I Hate gingling tags!!

Darn, thats all the pictures i have. I wont tempt you guys with some of the links i have yet. ;)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I have different ones for different occasions. I have rolled leather collars with tags that are usually on the dogs. Then I have waterproof collars with tags for the lake, rolled slip collar/leash combo things for quick bathroom break walks or for baths. I have several leashes, mostly leather that are well broken in, I still have my german shepherds "puppy" leather leash that I ordered from leerburg.com and it's my absolute favorite!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am a Major collar/leash snob too! It is horrible! One time i bought a cute, nice and strong looking collar for Riley at a petstore. He was only 5 months old, and was on a tie-out out front for a few minutes (while we had the fence put in). Next thing i knew, he was parking at the back door to come in, collarless!! The buckle snaped right in two. I shutter to think what could of happened. We walk all the time, and Riley doesnt pull at all, Unless we see squirrls. Those things taunt him so. I want a securely strong collar for those times.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
When I went to a dog show recently, I fell in love with one of the booths.

http://www.fuzzywumpets.com

The ladies there had whippets and irish wolfhounds. They have a lot of stuff that is not on the website yet. I ended up buying a (faux) sable blanket for my little girl. It's soooo soft.

I loved the fleece and how it felt on the collars, coats, and leads. Their trundle bed looks cozy enough to crawl into myself! I can't wait for cooler weather. I also like the beaded leads. Like BigPoodlePerson said, this might be something for certain occasions. It's a good thing your boy knew he wanted to be inside with you.

Since my little girl is a toy, I'm making all sorts of bows for her. I admit. I already have three collars. However, I figure that I want her hair to be fluffy all around her neck, so I'm not into the collars for her bling. Another funny thing is that I don't think I am going to paint her nails. I did see some nail flower stickers on PetEdge though. Cute! OK...remember it's a toy. They are made for bling.

During parties and supervised events, she might even get to wear a beaded necklace.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rufus has one for all holidays and then some. I have never been a collar person before him. I guess because I have Shih Tzu's and you can't really see a collar on them. I had a Rottweiler and didn't have a lot of collars for her. I think there is just something about a poodle that makes you want to dress them up!

Here is where I have bought www.caninecollars.com

They are very reasonable.

·
Registered
207 Posts
And BFF... I saw that booth with the Irish Wolfhounds and Whippets. Her collars looked so soft! I wish I could remember the name of the LED lighted collars and leads.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
When I went to a dog show recently, I fell in love with one of the booths.

http://www.fuzzywumpets.com

The ladies there had whippets and irish wolfhounds. They have a lot of stuff that is not on the website yet. I ended up buying a (faux) sable blanket for my little girl. It's soooo soft.

I loved the fleece and how it felt on the collars, coats, and leads. Their trundle bed looks cozy enough to crawl into myself! I can't wait for cooler weather. I also like the beaded leads. Like BigPoodlePerson said, this might be something for certain occasions. It's a good thing your boy knew he wanted to be inside with you.

Since my little girl is a toy, I'm making all sorts of bows for her. I admit. I already have three collars. However, I figure that I want her hair to be fluffy all around her neck, so I'm not into the collars for her bling. Another funny thing is that I don't think I am going to paint her nails. I did see some nail flower stickers on PetEdge though. Cute! OK...remember it's a toy. They are made for bling.

During parties and supervised events, she might even get to wear a beaded necklace.
awesome stuff!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Alright, you asked for it! Here are only a few i know off the top of my head, as my computer with the links is in the shop right now to be fixed.

www.pacocollars.com The BEST leather collars/leashes EVER!!!

www.collarmania.com

www.ldsleather.com

www.masterspride.com

http://www.pawprintzpetboutique.com/dog-collars-leather.htm

Look at the front page of this site!!

http://www.mrsbones.com/

As you can tell, i love leather dog stuff!! Now, i think those are enough to satisfy you guys for awhile! :)
I'm a big leather fan myself!... this is going to get expensive!! lol

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
And BFF... I saw that booth with the Irish Wolfhounds and Whippets. Her collars looked so soft! I wish I could remember the name of the LED lighted collars and leads.
Oh Oh.... did you say lights! How fun to have lights. Yes. LOTS of Lights.

Heheehee...can't help it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts