Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Lol that is hilarious!! I think my hubby would draw the line if I tried to get that for our yard hahaha

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
When I got my first house, I deliberately bought bird bath for the front yard. It was colored brown and designed to look sorta like a tree. I thought it was cute. I planted and surrounded it with red in pink begonias.

I went back to the garden store and saw it - a pink flamengo statue. I burst into laughter and on a whim, bought it, and the next time I invited fam and friends over, plopped it in the front yard too.

Their faces... Best joke ever.

Later I moved the flamingo next to a row of flowers I planted in the back against the house. I also added Bambi and Thumper statues in that garden. It was cute in a tacky sort of way; I didn't care, I was in barely into my 30s, and I still smile at the memories of my dad and my then-young son planting in the garden. We did cherry blossom trees, pink dogwood trees, some Golden Leyland Cypress bushes and a Magnolia trees, and my dad's famous tomatoes. Some of my best times involved getting my hands into the earth and making things grow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts