Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Which is another thing that's so cute about it. They seem to clean them like cats. They are more like cats than dogs aren't they?;)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they are quite cat like. They are meticulous about themselves and obviously (lol) those around them. More often than not, they are cleaning each others ears, eyes and ugh, teeth. They also move more delicately than the Spoos. Thinker and Holly walk across a carpet and there are big foot prints everywhere. They Whippets can walk across a room for quite some time and barely put a dent in it. I think that is fairly cat like too..

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Yes, they are quite cat like. They are meticulous about themselves and obviously (lol) those around them. More often than not, they are cleaning each others ears, eyes and ugh, teeth. They also move more delicately than the Spoos. Thinker and Holly walk across a carpet and there are big foot prints everywhere. They Whippets can walk across a room for quite some time and barely put a dent in it. I think that is fairly cat like too..
I wish I could meet yours. Why do you have to be so far away?;)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Well, maybe when Mia and I start conformation classes I'll get to meet some other breeds as well and someone will know someone in our area with whippets. I really want to meet them in person. They seem like such neat dogs.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
The other day I was thinking of posting in off topic that its been a minute since we seen those great looking dogs of yours! As always thanks for sharing~

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Olie. I know I must drive everyone crazy, and I know there are people who wish I would not post photos, but sometimes I just see some pictures I have stored away and cannot resist sharing them. I am very happy some of you enjoy them!!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For sure, I will dig some up and will post them in one of the other areas. I have some adorable ones of Iris's only litter. They looked like little pink piglets when they were born. Soooooo cute!!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I love seeing everyone's pictures--especially really special ones like these.

The relationship between Holly and Iris is touching.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Marian and Fuzbutz. They are quite the pair. Never an angry exchange or ugly moment since the day we brought Iris home. Holly thought Iris was a cat until Iris barked and that was it!! Iris panics when Holly goes out without her and what a greeting on her return. It is definately love! All of my dogs get along beautifully, but Iris and Hollys relationship is different from the rest.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mischa and Screech, My Borzoi could really care less about the poodles :(

Anja(also a borzoi) thinks she is a poodle. When we first got her, I was afraid the standards would tumble her and play too roughly, so her potty buddy was Izzy, our toy poodle. When she was older she got to play with the spoos. now she knows how to bark (something Borzoi rarely do) and belch!

She belched at her breeder, and the breeder said" you need to keep her away from the poodles, they are a bad influence"

your whippets are adorable- im a sighthound nut LOL

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
LOL.. Those are GREAT! It is so obvious how much they love each other. And, I LOVE how her son looks behind them. What an expression he has on his face....lol. Definitely nose tweaked...lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts