Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Introduction Redux

I apparently posted my introduction in a two-year old thread (having found this a less-than-intuitive forum to navigate)! So I hope I can get a novice’s pass and don’t get any of my fingers cut off for duplicating the post now that I’ve figured out how to do it as a new thread.
———
Hello all. I am one-half of a couple of standard poodle lovers in CT. Having grown up with a succession of poodles, from a miniature rescue to a toy rescue to a small black standard from a breeder (many years ago), it took a while to convince my wife that our first dog should -- must, as far as I was concerned :) -- be a standard poodle. My wife was quickly convinced within a week of our first — a blue baby girl, Winnie — coming into our home. That was 20 years ago.

Sadly, back in June, we lost our second -- the most adorable red boy, Ziggy -- to hemangiosarcoma, and have been searching for the right small red spoo puppy ever since. Both of our standards were small (20-21"). We always said that Ziggy, who never exceeded 40 lbs., was the token svelte member of our family. I’m sure you all want to see pictures of him, but I haven’t figured out how to do that yet ;) He did have his own Facebook page, though, so you can take a look there. (https://m.facebook.com/ziggyvogel)

We're now looking for another smallish red standard to take up residence in the big hole left in our hearts.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Hi and welcome. Don’t worry about etiquette, this site is confusing and everyone is supportive.

I’m sorry for your loss and hope you find exactly what you’re looking for.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I am so sorry for the loss of your Ziggy. What a handsome and well loved boy he was, he looks like he had an entertaining life. I can't help with breeder up your way but others here will I am sure. There is a wonderful breeder in Louisiana if you want to travel, NOLA.COM, Check them out and they may possibly even have a referral.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts